Help?!

zeeni26

Jan 23, 2014
hello fellow tpfers I need your help, do u think it's ok if I took my laptop to the chanel botique to see if it fits inside a GST? I'm debating between a GST, GST XL or a YSL sac de jour as my bag for law school I was leaning towards a YSL since I'm going to school in a college town and want to be under the radar but then again who cares what ppl think and I've always wanted a gst so now I have to look at the functionality of the two bags I love the gst in both black caviar with shw and ghw so if I decide to get the gst I'll have a hard time picking between those two, for my under grad I used to use either my neverfull or a Tory burch bag on rainy days but I got so sick of seeing the same bag every other day so I do need a change any advise/ input will be much appreciated :smile:

I have the regular/medium gst in black with shw (loveee). I also own a macbook pro 13' that has a case on, and it definitely does not fit in my GST. You might have a bit better luck with a macbook air (but I still think it might be tight lengthwise) or an 11" laptop into the medium gst. If not, you should go with the xl. I would like to add that the GST is quite heavy, I would not want to carry my laptop in it for a long time. I already feel strain on my shoulders from just putting in my makeup bag and wallet. Have you thought about the cerf tote? It's lighter than the GST and would be great to wear to work/school. :smile:

I think it's fine to bring your laptop to any Chanel Boutique to try your GST. I bought my ipad to Chanel to see if it fit into the easy caviar flap.

I used to carry around my Macbook air in a GST and that was very heavy and unpleasant, also one of the straps would keep sliding off my shoulder. Now I alternate between a Chanel cruise canvas bag and Hermes Garden Party as my laptop bag.

I actually had to stick my laptop in my gst today. I had to put my laptop in sideways and it sticks out big time. I agree that the bag becomes too heavy. Honestly, if you are going to be using it for law school, you are going to carry books, laptop, papers, etc (speaking from experience). I would not recommend such an expensive bag for that. If you still want to go the designer route, I would recommend the large Louis tote (I forget the name...the one without zippers or anything). It's not as expensive (at least back when I bought mine) and that fits anything!

Good luck!

Thankyou all for your prompt replies I have a MacBook Air 13 that I use for school and it seems like it fits I will bring it to chanel just to make sure. It seems that it is bothersome to carry so I might just end up buying it and using it for my weekend tote since I'm so in love with this bag loveemall thankyou for your personal insight I love getting advice from lawyers and law students it's a bit unnerving to think I'm gonna start law school soon. I will look at the cerf tote as well since I have heard it's very practical :smile:

Another option is the Dior Panarea tote, which is like a Neverfull but so much nicer in my opinion. It is structured so it can stand by itself instead of flopping down on the floor. It also has feet. Check it out--there's a newer version.

A friend of mine recently graduated from law school. At one point, she was considering buying a small suitcase with wheels to cart all the books and papers she needed for school! If you want a GST, go ahead and get one, but it doesn't sound like a bag that will work for law school. For that, you may need to go to Tumi or something!

Um- law school texts are quite heavy.

If you intend to live near campus and have enough time between classes, you can carry light but I'm imagining if you are a 1L, your classes will be back to back (and you'll need your texts unless you photocopy the cases you'll be discussing in class)

Ooo! This was exactly my position! I wanted the gst for bachelors, but I decided not to as the GST is definitely not a school bag.
Even if a laptop did fit in it, it would lose shape VERY quickly with all the weight of books etc. get it if you just want the bag :smile: but don't use it for uni! Good luck deciding hun!