Help!!

Linda_2

O.G.
May 28, 2012
Hey ladies I desperately need your help! I wiped a tiiny black spot on my grey lambskin flap and this is what happened.. And note that it was fragrance free baby wipes and I didn't apply much pressure at all. What to do? Do I need to take it in to chanel? I don't have one near me:sad: I would appreciate anyone's advice:smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 430
:tdown:
Oh dear... Is it still wet?

Try to use a clean dry tissue to suck up the extra moisture, then let it air dry!
Thanks! No I used a hair dryer to dry it up abit but I guess I'll wait abit to see if it improves.. But it's not a brand new bag, the leather is quite worn so it could be some of the leather rubbing of or something.

The wet mark may disappear after letting it dry. I would have cleaned the entire part where the CC is and not only the spot. If the stain doesn't go away, I recommend taking the bag to Chanel for service.

Ok yes I think so and the dark mark is still there.. :sad: Will have to take it in for refurbishment. Does anyone know if they can just re-dye the actual stain and not the whole bag?

Please let it air dry, don't use extremely heat ( not good for leather). Once it's air dry it, wet spot will disappear. Wait for a day or two and report back.
Btw: your bag is lovely color.

Ok yes I think so and the dark mark is still there.. :sad: Will have to take it in for refurbishment. Does anyone know if they can just re-dye the actual stain and not the whole bag?

They will dye the entire bag. This is why I never recommend baby wipes for use on a bag, even though I know many do it. I'm so sorry your bag was messed up. :sad:(

Ditto what was said above about drying; always let it dry naturally and never dry it with heat (radiator, hair dryer, etc.). See what it looks like tomorrow before you totally panic.

Is this bag metallic?

Please let it air dry, don't use extremely heat ( not good for leather). Once it's air dry it, wet spot will disappear. Wait for a day or two and report back.
Btw: your bag is lovely color.
Zaraha, thank you!! It's a very pale grey but looks a little taupe in certain lights:smile: goes with everything:smile::smile:

They will dye the entire bag. This is why I never recommend baby wipes for use on a bag, even though I know many do it. I'm so sorry your bag was messed up. :sad:(

Ditto what was said above about drying; always let it dry naturally and never dry it with heat (radiator, hair dryer, etc.). See what it looks like tomorrow before you totally panic.

Is this bag metallic?
Oh really, that's a shame to ruin the soft lambskin:sad: I've read it becomes stiffer.. I'm guessing, because of its age, the color comes off easier. But I was going to take it in anyway for changing of the straps, they're very worn. No it's not metallic I'm attaching a pic of it in daylight:smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 294