Help!

Jbb924

Feb 7, 2013
NY
I purchased a new speedy 30 today. I was so excited until I brought it home and noticed two frayed threads on the piping. They are very slight, and they don't stick out too much, but they are there. I have been buying exclusively LV for years and I have never had any quality issues. I called customer service and they told me to bring it in. The problem is there are no boutiques in my area. I would have to drive like 80 miles one way. Do you think I should cut the threads and keep it? I also don't want to be a pain over something so small. They are so tiny i couldn't really get a pic to upload. Dh thinks for the money I should get a new one. Any thoughts???

Calvin7592

May 19, 2012
I have to drive about 50 miles to my nearest LV, so I realize what a pain it is. However, if you are unhappy, it's better to take a day and get things sorted out then spend a lifetime with something you are unhappy with... Good luck!

lvbaglady33

Jan 13, 2013
Somewhere Sunny
calvin7592 said:
i have to drive about 50 miles to my nearest lv, so i realize what a pain it is. However, if you are unhappy, it's better to take a day and get things sorted out then spend a lifetime with something you are unhappy with... Good luck!
+1

LVlvoe_bug

Jul 14, 2012
Midwest
I have to drive about 50 miles to my nearest LV, so I realize what a pain it is. However, if you are unhappy, it's better to take a day and get things sorted out then spend a lifetime with something you are unhappy with... Good luck!
I agree! My drive is 2 hours each way but if your not going to enjoy the bag, its worth the trip to exchange......

mmerchant

has Baby & LV Fever
Aug 15, 2012
USA :o)
I'm two hours away from my boutique. It does suck! But definitely take it in so you can ease your mind. I know I'd keep thinking about it later. Then you can look around, too ;)

SBundles17

O.G.
May 12, 2009
Indianapolis
I purchased a new speedy 30 today. I was so excited until I brought it home and noticed two frayed threads on the piping. They are very slight, and they don't stick out too much, but they are there. I have been buying exclusively LV for years and I have never had any quality issues. I called customer service and they told me to bring it in. The problem is there are no boutiques in my area. I would have to drive like 80 miles one way. Do you think I should cut the threads and keep it? I also don't want to be a pain over something so small. They are so tiny i couldn't really get a pic to upload. Dh thinks for the money I should get a new one. Any thoughts???
Absolutely send it back! When you pay that much for a bag, it should be in pristine condition when you first receive it. I do not expect every stitch to be straight, etc. however, Ido expect that the bag looks like it is worth the amount I paid, I.e. threads not coming out, IMO