help!

1. I just got home from work about a half hour ago. There was a wet spot on the carpet, and I thought my cat peed on the carpet. I walked over to it, and was standing over it...and then i felt something hit my head. I looked up and there was water dripping from my skylight. Help! I don't know what to do...I put the bottom of my ferret's cage under it to catch the water, but I don't know what else to do. Ack.

2. You'll have to call someone to repair it? may be a bucket or big bowl under it would be better or if you can reach it you could see if theres a hole? stuff it with some material or towel to soak the water.. dont know really :shrugs:

3. Do you have an upstairs neighbor? Maybe call your HOA if it's the roof.

4. If you have a landlord, it should be their responsibility to repair. If you are a homeowner, hopefully you know someone handy with these things or you'll need to call a repairman (roofing, I would think). My son's house has a skylight and I hate to be pessimistic, but his has been repaired several times and a heavy rain will still cause problems.

5. As a homeowner, I can identify. It is always something...and skylights can be tricky. I know all too well as I live in Florida and keeping them sealed from rain has been a problem for me, too. I don't get up there but my helpful brother has in the past. Hope your problem is solved soon.

6. My girlfriend has had the same problem many times...I think you need a roofer or handyman...Maybe some helpful male could go up and check it out for you and plug up the hole.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice