Help!

lovebags2

O.G.
Oct 12, 2007
Hi Ladies,

I could use your help.

As you know I have a pewter spm and I love it now. But, found a need for a more neutral color so I ordered the port. Perfect. Can't wait to receive.

But, after seeing the black crash now it has me thinking that maybe that would be nice too.

The black crash spm and the port (run out of styles for port) are the only new items that I like from the fall collection so I"m thinking of just taking the plunge. Otherwise, I won't be able to have anymore BE fun until spring or whenever Jackie introduces more new.

Do you think port can be used with all my wardrobe colors in the same way as black? I"m thinking port might not go well with browns but then again I don't wear a lot of brown.

Hm....

Should I just buy a black crash spm? LOL

I think the port would look good against black, grey, navy and green (the darker shades). You could also contrast cream with the port. Personally I'm not one of those people who think black goes with everything, I think it "kills" lighter colours.

I didn't really like the Surprise Me when it was launched and passed on a really good deal for a pewter on bonanzle, but seeing the pictures on the model, I could do this style in Aubergine :supacool:

I think the port would look good against black, grey, navy and green (the darker shades). You could also contrast cream with the port. Personally I'm not one of those people who think black goes with everything, I think it "kills" lighter colours.

I didn't really like the Surprise Me when it was launched and passed on a really good deal for a pewter on bonanzle, but seeing the pictures on the model, I could do this style in Aubergine :supacool:

Thanks!

Hm... I wear A LOT of light/bright colors everyday. Fuschia, baby blue, pinks, lavender. I even love orange in the fall.

See my dilemma? I want a neautral spm that will go with everything especially since while I"m on vacation I'll usually bring along several different lighter toned tops.

P.S. I think your right and that black crash might look too harsh/strong against all my light colors. Do you think pewter goes with it all? I "think" it does but sometimes I"m not in the mood for blingy and want a more conservative choice. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
I used to think black goes with everything but I now tend to agree with VanBod - I think there are a lot of colors that would work much better, particularly if you wear lighter colors. I actually think Port may be more neutral in that sense.For the colors you mentioned, I would choose navy over black. (I know navy wasn't one of the options...)

I used to think black goes with everything but I now tend to agree with VanBod - I think there are a lot of colors that would work much better, particularly if you wear lighter colors. I actually think Port may be more neutral in that sense.For the colors you mentioned, I would choose navy over black. (I know navy wasn't one of the options...)

Aah, navy! Now, why didn't I think of that?

Great advice. Thank you.

See why I love this forum? LOL

One more question - what colors do you think port won't be the best choice for?

I kept wavering between the dark choco cervo for my spm and port. And you have to be SO careful with browns otherwise they can look too muddy/dark etc....
Maya thought port would work easier with my wardrobe then the dark choco. I hope so!:smile:

i agree, strangely i was thinking this morning that although i bought my first BE (a black crash Hug Me), as a use-in-all-weathers-bag, actually i wish i hadn't got black. these days i don't really seem to wear a black bag unless i'm dressed in black too - for me, a black bag can sometimes look a bit like you couldn;t be bothered to co-ordinate ( as black is supposed to go with everything!). i especially think it looks weird when you see people in really summery bright colours, sandals and then a very wintry black bag.....

i agree, strangely i was thinking this morning that although i bought my first BE (a black crash Hug Me), as a use-in-all-weathers-bag, actually i wish i hadn't got black. these days i don't really seem to wear a black bag unless i'm dressed in black too - for me, a black bag can sometimes look a bit like you couldn;t be bothered to co-ordinate ( as black is supposed to go with everything!). i especially think it looks weird when you see people in really summery bright colours, sandals and then a very wintry black bag.....

Great point! You know when we vacationed on the beach last month I couldn't help but think the same. I saw SO many ladies wearing light colors and then a black messenger bag. On most I thought it looked silly but there was an occasional black bag that looked great.

SO, I guess I"m back to hoping my port will go with most everything. If not, I'd like one more color. But which one? Hm....

I think Pewter would go with all your lighter colours but have you considered something like light coffee?

That sounds great. I just went over to the BE website to try and find cofee and all the lighter colored luxe leather's but it wasn't coming up under the SPM BEC options for some reason. I"m going to do a search on our forum.

And I just looked at port again and am thinking it's quite possible this color will be extremely versatile. I sure hope so!

Port will surprise you as far as versatility! (Hee hee, Surprise Me, get it?) LOL! I know, goofy! Anyway, I have a plum Rebecca Minkoff bag (or I'd be all over port) and it goes with so much! I couldn't believe all the colors I could wear it with including many light colors! I think the petrol pebbled leather is beautiful too and would go with a lot! I fighting off the urge for a petrol wtm mini!!

I think the port would be a fantastic alternative to black. It would still go with almost everything but be more interesting than standad black. Being able to see how beautiful the port color is on the BE site makes me appreciate it more; sometimes it's hard to imagine a bag from a small swatch of leather. My vote goes for port.

My vote goes to port too. I'm a huge black crash fan, but I have never known you to be into the black bags. Port seems like it would be a great neutral similar to brown with a punch of color.

Port reminds me a lot of navy and forest green in the sense of them being Fall colours that go with everything. Just depends on what colour you like most.....blue, green, or red tones.

I have to say that I've seen many women carrying burgundy/wine handbags wearing "whatever" and they look great. You really notice a wine colour and it's very cheery and elegant.

Black of course is a staple and if this is going to be THE bag of your dreams, then go for it.

Otherwise, have some fun.......and get the Port. And if you're still undecided, you could always get both! ;)