Help!

mdlcal28

O.G.
Feb 1, 2008
I got seduced a year ago and bought a RM MAM in Sage. I use it occassionally. Its not big enough, I want to carry on my shoulder, the leather scratches and to top it off, I got a stain on the bottom that just wont come off.:crybaby:
So, this year, after a Michael Kors purchase and an Elliott Luca, I am again in the purse market. :confused1:
I really like the Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr. Q Riz in navy, but I cant get ANY comment from anyone on the MJ TPF....(xxxxxxxxxxxxxx).....then I looked at the RM Nikki in Navy Luxe, :drool:then I saw the SO list for the wine:drool:.....I REALLY want Navy......and then I saw Gerard Darel:drool:
I know all of you are RM biased but what do you think?

No need to name call -littlerock80

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, no one in the MJ forum is snooty at all! Great bunch of people, actually. That forum moves fast and your post may have gotten lost in melee. I'd try bumping it up and asking them.

I haven't seen the Dr. Q bag you mentioned, but I do have a Dr. Q Groovee bag that I worship. I had an RM Nikki in Night Blue, I think it was called, that was magnificient too and I have some MA's and a Matinee in varying colors/leathers are are also gorgeous.

I'm afraid I'm of no help. :Push:

I love all 3 of the brands you have mentioned so it would be hard for me to choose, too. Which GD bag were you thinking of? I have the 24h and it's very comfortable on my shoulder.

I don't know what a GD is. So I am no help there.

I have a ton of MbyMJs, although I never purchased anything from the Dr. Q line. It wasn't that I didn't like any of it...I just always had a reason not to; i.e. never got around to it, bought another MJ collection bag, bought a RM...but maybe the best reason was that I felt, and still feel, that the MbyMJ line, especially the Q line, is extremely overpriced for what you get. I'm in the minority, so feel free to discard my opinion...but if I'm going to spend $498 on a dr. Q, I would rather have a RM nikki or MAM, or even spend the extra $$$ and get a MJ collection bag.

First off, Apologies for the comment. I just get frustrated when it appears that comments or requests for guidance are seemingly ignored.....again, apologies....

As for the Gerard Darel, I was looking at the 24h zip, but it appears to have a short shoulder drop and more east-west than I want, so then I looked at the 36h, but it gets more $$$ and appears quite a bit larger.

I havent seen the MJ in Bama, and I want a new purse before I go to Atlanta my next trip over...
The Nikki glazed leather just looks sooooooooooooo good.....
I have browns, blacks, tans, purple, red, yellow, but not a navy....
Hot Chick has one, although I am a little suspicious because the sale price seems so low, and they only had it original at $510, when even RM has it at $595...Delcina has it but I want to contact them for a 'code" discount....

Its probably the Nikki!!!

Go for the Gerard Darel. If every other woman owns one in Paris, how wrong can it be? I know it's THE parisian "it bag" but since they're harder to find here it's not as bad. I don't like MJ as much because so many people have them and I hate to see every other person with my bag (the reason Paris women are tired of their GD's - although they're still going strong from what I hear!). I don't like the RM bags at all. ((sorry)) I don't like the shape or the way it looks on.

The GD has really nice leather and is a great over the shoulder bag as well.

GL!

See, thats what I need guidance for!! Opinions are needed! I didnt really like the "Nameplate" on the MJ, but I did like the shape....I want quality but I dont want it to be in your face...I STILL dont see the obsession with LV....everytime I see one, I always assume its fake.....dont like D&B, nor Coach, for the same reason....when I was 14 I had a fake DB....and thats been 34 years ago!!!
Ok, so maybe I will look at the GD again....have you seen a 36h....I am size curious....time to go internet hunting again!!

I've not seen a 36h in person, only online. I've had my GD for about a year now and it was very difficult to find a store that carried them even living in NYC. It's probably a bit easier now but I still haven't seen them anywhere.

The thing with the GD drape is that it is totally unstructured. I mean way beyond the way a RM puddles. I have it in chocolate and it falls totally flat when I put it down.

See, thats what I need guidance for!! Opinions are needed! I didnt really like the "Nameplate" on the MJ, but I did like the shape....I want quality but I dont want it to be in your face...I STILL dont see the obsession with LV....everytime I see one, I always assume its fake.....dont like D&B, nor Coach, for the same reason....when I was 14 I had a fake DB....and thats been 34 years ago!!!
Ok, so maybe I will look at the GD again....have you seen a 36h....I am size curious....time to go internet hunting again!!

^^The 36 hours isn't really THAT much larger than the 24, it's nice roomy bag. I think there's one for sale on Ann's Fabulous Finds (not my bag) Which would be less than retail. Do a search, I know Gretchen did a photo thread when her GD 36 arrived.

HTH