Help: Zales Earrings

Larry@Ampd

Mar 16, 2007
I was looking for some Christmas gift ideas for my girlfriend and came across a pair of earrings from Zales. 3/8 CT. T.W. Diamond Solitaire Stud Earrings in 14K White Gold

http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2890468
Details:
Stone Type Diamond
Stone Shape Round
Diamond Total Weight (CT. T.W.) 3/8
Gold Karat 14K
Back Type Push/Screw
Lifetime Diamond Commitment Yes
Metal Color White
Metal Type Gold

Roughly $100 with a promo code: BDAYZL832445

Any opinions?

TIA.

I think I'm being a real dumbo here,but my maths is crap!!!! I can't work out what weight they are trying to say 3/8 I've never come across that before,I'm from the UK,so maybe thats why! But if I could get a better idea of size then I will have a more of a clue? But good choice on diamonds,I've NEVER known a woman to refuse them!!!xxxxxx

I think that sounds like a good price for the size. Studs are classic, so I can't imagine her not liking them, provided she already does not have a pair that is larger.

A pair of well-cut .50 ctw studs can cost in the neighborhood of $799.00--I just did a search. The $100 Zales studs, I'm afraid, are not worth your time or money. Please try to find a better jeweler--who sells better diamonds!

chaz, they're just under a half carat TOTAL weight.

They sound fine:yes:

Thanks for that Swanky!! Then in that case I totally agree!! Great little buy!!! Clever boy!!:tup: For the money you can't expect the Crown Jewels or amazing quality,but if she really loves them you could always save for a knockout pair in the future safe in the knowledge she will adore them!!!!!

A pair of well-cut .50 ctw studs can cost in the neighborhood of $799.00--I just did a search. The $100 Zales studs, I'm afraid, are not worth your time or money. Please try to find a better jeweler--who sells better diamonds!

ITA! My studs were about .50 and were around the $1200 ball park (they were colorless). I think the Zales earrings might be a cloudy and yellow with inclusions. (I never shop Zales do to their poor customer service and I've had some of my diamonds I received as gifts from there pop out) See them in person first and see if you think it's worth your money, if not go shop around and find a place with a high quality diamond!:tup: