HELP! YSL wallet on chain or Chanel wallet on chain?

I finally picked up my bag in Hawaii! The price was 20% cheaper because Hawaii is considered an "asian market" and due to the falling asian currency. However FYI this wasn't true for Chanel there; it's actually more expensive in Hawaii.

So anyway, I want to present to you the chevron monogram wallet chain in Powder, which is more of a neutral beige. I saw another Powder color out for fall/winter that's a smidgen darker, in the wallet chain without the quilting if anyone is interested. My photo below is actually extremely close to the color in real life. I'm so in love with this bag! I agree that when worn cross body it lands on my upper hip and although I wish it was 1-2 inches longer, I actually don't wear my bags cross body so it's perfect for wearing it on the shoulder as a single chain. It fits more than the Chanel wallet on chain (WOC) and I love the carefree nature of the pebbled caviar leather.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1435221782.536693.jpg

I finally picked up my bag in Hawaii! The price was 20% cheaper because Hawaii is considered an "asian market" and due to the falling asian currency. However FYI this wasn't true for Chanel there; it's actually more expensive in Hawaii.

So anyway, I want to present to you the chevron monogram wallet chain in Powder, which is more of a neutral beige. I saw another Powder color out for fall/winter that's a smidgen darker, in the wallet chain without the quilting if anyone is interested. My photo below is actually extremely close to the color in real life. I'm so in love with this bag! I agree that when worn cross body it lands on my upper hip and although I wish it was 1-2 inches longer, I actually don't wear my bags cross body so it's perfect for wearing it on the shoulder as a single chain. It fits more than the Chanel wallet on chain (WOC) and I love the carefree nature of the pebbled caviar leather.

View attachment 3043926

Snap! You and I have the same one! And I know of the chain wallet without the chevron you're talking about. However, I didn't like that one. I found the design too boring!

Also, nice Chanel collection!

Ahhh I was really debating whether to get the WOC but I just couldn't justify the price! What happened to your WOC btw?
My WOC somehow went "missing" in my house while I was living with a shady roommate...in the dust bag and everything. V sad, it was caviar white and I got it for a steal on Yoogi's Closet :crybaby: But honestly loving the look and size of the YSL so much more.

I clicked this thread because I just bought the black/black version and was having a bit of buyer's remorse as well...! I had to replace my Chanel WOC, but after reading these posts I'm feeling better. I think you and I will both love our YSL! :biggrin:
I adore the black on black!! Can you post a picture? Are you happy with yours? I just wish the strap drop would be a little bit longer, I can not wear it crossbody...

My WOC somehow went "missing" in my house while I was living with a shady roommate...in the dust bag and everything. V sad, it was caviar white and I got it for a steal on Yoogi's Closet :crybaby: But honestly loving the look and size of the YSL so much more.

Omg!! That's so bad!! Did you confront your roommate?

The buyer's remorse mainly attributed to my shopping experience. I went to a department store. I didn't feel that it was special enough and felt that I was given an ex display bag as it didn't have all the wrappings and the hardware was scratched. The SA said that all of their bags come like that. I only bought the bag because it was the last one in stock and it was sold out.

I got home and wasn't too happy so I returned it. I decided to get the Chanel WOC.

A month later I couldn't stop thinking about it and I just felt that the Chanel WOC price isn't justified due to it being smaller than the YSL.

I went to a YSL boutique and they actually took their time with me, I inspected the bag- no scratches! The SA got it from the back and wrapped the bag nicely. I went home very happy (though my bank account wasn't lol). I am now waiting for my birthday to debut it hehe

Hope you are enjoying your new wallet on chain!

This thread is so useful. Ladies, I'm considering buying either the Chanel WOC, YSL WOC or the classic YSL monogram crossbody. I want to mainly use it crossbody for concerts, shopping etc and I I want to use it for evenings also, when I need to carry a smaller bag. For those who own both or either, how does the YSL chain compare to the Chanel. I own the Chanel boy but that chain is different so can't compare. I'm worried that the YSL chain might be too "evening" or may fade in color too soon with normal usage. Can anyone share their experience pls. Thanks so much.

This thread is so useful. Ladies, I'm considering buying either the Chanel WOC, YSL WOC or the classic YSL monogram crossbody. I want to mainly use it crossbody for concerts, shopping etc and I I want to use it for evenings also, when I need to carry a smaller bag. For those who own both or either, how does the YSL chain compare to the Chanel. I own the Chanel boy but that chain is different so can't compare. I'm worried that the YSL chain might be too "evening" or may fade in color too soon with normal usage. Can anyone share their experience pls. Thanks so much.

I think the YSL WOC might be a bit short if you want to use it as a cross body. I can't comment with the colour fade as I haven't used my bag yet [emoji85]

I also found this: http://youtu.be/BtM2rqpHFxg

Extrapetite has also done a comparison of the YSL and Chanel on her blog.

Honestly ANYTHING gold plated, whether Chanel, YSL, Gucci or any other brand will tarnish or fade if you don't take care of it (get water on it and don't wipe it off or it could just fade with the passage of time). The strap is just long enough for me to wear crossbody. If I extended the strap with the button thing inside it is perfect for me but I'm 5'5" with a short to average torso. Whoever I never wear my bags crossbody as I find it too casual. I don't find the chain too evening; I find it really elevates all looks but then again I'm always in heels even so go figure!! I had the Gucci wallet chain and sold it; I also once owned a Chanel WOC and sold it for the same reason - too small!! This one fits the bill exactly so I love it. I'm debating between selling my Chanel black east west to get another YSL WOC in black instead!!! That's how much I love it :smile:

I love the size of the YSL Wallet on chain but the chain is too short for me to wear it cross body (I am 5"6). Have you considered the smaller version? They currently do not have it on their website but you can find it in stores. I think it is 850 Euros instead of around 100 Euro the larger style goes for. The chain on the smaller version is longer and has a little leather part for your shoulder.

Honestly ANYTHING gold plated, whether Chanel, YSL, Gucci or any other brand will tarnish or fade if you don't take care of it (get water on it and don't wipe it off or it could just fade with the passage of time). The strap is just long enough for me to wear crossbody. If I extended the strap with the button thing inside it is perfect for me but I'm 5'5" with a short to average torso. Whoever I never wear my bags crossbody as I find it too casual. I don't find the chain too evening; I find it really elevates all looks but then again I'm always in heels even so go figure!! I had the Gucci wallet chain and sold it; I also once owned a Chanel WOC and sold it for the same reason - too small!! This one fits the bill exactly so I love it. I'm debating between selling my Chanel black east west to get another YSL WOC in black instead!!! That's how much I love it :smile:

Thanks for all the useful info. I'm leaning more and more towards the YSL, because I do find the Chanel woc too small. I want to be able to wear it both ways, on shoulder and crossbody, that is an option for chanel not sure if it can be done with YSL. I will go try it in the store and report back.

I love the size of the YSL Wallet on chain but the chain is too short for me to wear it cross body (I am 5"6). Have you considered the smaller version? They currently do not have it on their website but you can find it in stores. I think it is 850 Euros instead of around 100 Euro the larger style goes for. The chain on the smaller version is longer and has a little leather part for your shoulder.

Oh didn't realize they 2 chain sizes were 2 different sizes!! That helps to know. I'm liking the YSL more because of the extra space. Once I put my iPhone 6 with a cover in the woc, it only had room for a lipgloss. That kinda turned me off, will go check out both options at YSL. Thanks!!!