Help: YSL or Louis Vuitton?

qgo

May 22, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have been eyeing the Monogram YSL Envelope Chain Wallet either in Black or Powder colour for a long time, however, I recently fell in love with the LV Alma BB. I went into the LV store last weekend to try on the Alma and while I do love it, I can't stop thinking about the YSL Envelope Chain Wallet.

Which one would you get? And why?

Thanks for answering ladies :idea:

They're both gorgeous bags and very different. The alma bb holds more than the ysl. So I guess it comes down to what are you using it mainly for.

Hi Sadhunni,

I'm mainly looking for a bag that can be casual enough during the day and can also work as an evening bag. I feel that both of the bags has this quality about them, which makes it so difficult to choose between them! :sad:

I suggest the LV. The quality is better, and the Alma is a Vuitton icon that has been around for a long time.

Hi Averagejoe,

I have heard that YSL's quality on the clutches and wallet on chains have been questionable (peeling at the corners, glue marks, etc). However, I don't believe that applies to each and every single one of the bags, I hope :/

And yes the Alma BB has always and will always continue to be a LV classic. The decision is so hard! :sad:

Reactions: LAsun
I have 4 Ysl wallet on chain's and the quality has been perfect on each of them, even after a lot of regular use. I feel like they are best for evenings because they are smaller & they just have a more formal evening look to them with the gold hardware. LV is more casual to me , like a day bag. So it really comes down to what you want to use it for.

Reactions: LAsun
I have 4 Ysl wallet on chain's and the quality has been perfect on each of them, even after a lot of regular use. I feel like they are best for evenings because they are smaller & they just have a more formal evening look to them with the gold hardware. LV is more casual to me , like a day bag. So it really comes down to what you want to use it for.

Glad to hear that your woc experience are all positive. Please update us of the quality when you can, thanks. YSL looks younger IMO

I just found the thread and maybe it's too late to reply now but I still want to share opinion. I have Alma BB. It's durable and still looks brand new after almost 2 years. About envelop chain wallet, i heard the corner of the flap was easily damaged.

I suggest the LV. The quality is better, and the Alma is a Vuitton icon that has been around for a long time.
Do you think this alma bb would last long and won't be "so last season" soon? And would it have high resale value? Is it even pretty?
louis-vuitton-alma-bb-monogram-vernis-handbags--M90484_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

Do you think this alma bb would last long and won't be "so last season" soon? And would it have high resale value? Is it even pretty?
This Alma is very nice, but it may not have a resale value that is as high as other Almas because it can more easily be identified by its season. Also, metallic finishes are a bit more delicate than non-metallic leathers, so it may be higher-maintenance.

Still, if this is the Alma that caught your eye, then I suggest getting this.

Definitely THIS Alma, the combination is quite and would shout to people wherever you carry it to. I actually own both of the bag, and found my Alma to be very versatile and incredibly long-lasting. Just careful with the handle though, as I suspect yours would get darker if you don't use something to wrap it with, though again, I wouldn't want to distract all this gorgeousness with a scarf either...