Help! "Your payment has been refunded"

I checked paypal and there was no payment so I called them and they had no record of a payment or a return. I then emailed ebay and they got back to me but they blamed paypal so I had to email them back and tell them that it was coming up on ebay's site not paypal (I really wish you could talk to a person instead of this email crap) and it was on the ebay discussion board, they got back and said they are aware of the problem and are working on it. I also emailed the person who bought my item and explained what was going on and wanted to make sure if she had or hadn't paid yet, she also got the refunded message but she hadn't paid yet. So we decided to wait and see what happens and then she will pay. I think she's afraid her payment won't show up. I have to say though that I bought several items this weekend with no problem.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm having more of a problem than just this because I can't even get a hold of the buyer. I've contacted her through eBay twice and have sent her 2 invoices, but no reply. I've even explained the situation, but no word from her. I know that the messages go to her eBay account and to her email, so I don't know what to do.

She has a phone # up with her address, though -- do you think it would be okay for me to call her?

babidius...it says that on my paypal account. I just emailed the seller. I am the buyer. Sorry, when I go to paypal it says unclaimed by seller, not buyer. I paid for another item with no problem. I think it is ebay. I paid for two transactions at the same time. This must be ebays new and improved system?

Thanks for letting me know. I'm having more of a problem than just this because I can't even get a hold of the buyer. I've contacted her through eBay twice and have sent her 2 invoices, but no reply. I've even explained the situation, but no word from her. I know that the messages go to her eBay account and to her email, so I don't know what to do.

She has a phone # up with her address, though -- do you think it would be okay for me to call her?
I would. Your problem has been going on for a couple of days now. Mine is just this a.m. and I am the buyer.

peach, I contacted my buyer from her e-mmail adress not through ebay, I thought there might be a problem with ebay so I figured contacting her directly would help.

jmcadon, I would call paypal, they are usuallu very nice and helpful.

Yeah, the auction ended Friday and I state that I give the buyer 3 days to make a payment. I'm willing to be lenient if eBay is glitching, but the buyer hasn't even contacted me once, so I'm a little worried.

How do I find out the buyer's email address?

Yeah, the auction ended Friday and I state that I give the buyer 3 days to make a payment. I'm willing to be lenient if eBay is glitching, but the buyer hasn't even contacted me once, so I'm a little worried.

How do I find out the buyer's email address?

I got my buyer's e-mail from the ebay e-mail stating that my item sold. It should be on there, if the mail through ebay wasn't working though she may not have gotten your mail.

Thanks, babidius! I'll try harassing the buyer again ;).

It's strange because other auctions I've had listed at around the same time have sold and have been paid, except for one. The buyer of the item that hasn't been paid yet have already contacted me through eBay and by email, both of which I received. It's really hard to believe that the buyer for this particular auction I'm dealing with hasn't received my messages/invoices :sad:.

Ok, so it's been 3 days (the duration I give my buyers to make a payment) and no payment, no message on eBay (sent her 2), and no email (sent her 1), either. Should I just mark it as an unpaid item and then do a Second Chance Offer or re-list? I've never done this before.

ebay requires you to give them 7 days to pay no matter what you put in your listing. I don't think you can file yet and if you relist they can file against you!

Ok, so it's been 3 days (the duration I give my buyers to make a payment) and no payment, no message on eBay (sent her 2), and no email (sent her 1), either. Should I just mark it as an unpaid item and then do a Second Chance Offer or re-list? I've never done this before.
Like Jmcadon said above, you have to wait 7 days before you can file NPB.
Good luck!:tup:

2 more days until 1 weeks is up!

I'm still wondering if I should give the user a call. Or maybe I won't bother...I've been contacting her from time to time, but no reply. She has 0 feedback, of course. Yeesh.

This just happened to me! I just sold a Gucci zebra Bouvier to a buyer in Italy about 5 days ago. The person only has 2 feedbacks for inexpensive tshirts. They never contacted me, and the listing says the same thing across the top. I just emailed them again (for the 3rd time) to advise them of this. Crazy!