Help! Yellow Joli Dilemma!

dukechickie

♥♥ blue devil
O.G.
Jul 6, 2006
back to jersey
Hi everyone! I have a mini-problem: so I bought the Yellow Patent Jolis in my usual CL size, but when I got them, they seemed a bit too big (my left foot had a gap in the back). So I hunted down the shoe in a half-size smaller, and I just received them today...

but they are far too narrow! The length is near-perfect (I'll still need heel grips though), but they hurt just from putting them on. When I put on the original size, they feel so much more comfortable! I know logic should just say "duh keep the bigger size since they're comfortable" but I feel like the gap in the back of my left foot makes it look stupid. So I feel conflicted about which size to keep.

I have pictures from my first post: http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin-shoes/newbie-with-pictures-278080.html (If you look at the second picture of the Joli's, you can see the gap in the back foot)

Can you ladies offer your opinion?! If I double-layer heel grips, will that work? And will it look dumb? Ahhhh :hysteric: I'm so confused!!

Thanks in advance!

themgdinosaur

happy
O.G.
Jan 4, 2008
Hi everyone! I have a mini-problem: so I bought the Yellow Patent Jolis in my usual CL size, but when I got them, they seemed a bit too big (my left foot had a gap in the back). So I hunted down the shoe in a half-size smaller, and I just received them today...

but they are far too narrow! The length is near-perfect (I'll still need heel grips though), but they hurt just from putting them on. When I put on the original size, they feel so much more comfortable! I know logic should just say "duh keep the bigger size since they're comfortable" but I feel like the gap in the back of my left foot makes it look stupid. So I feel conflicted about which size to keep.

I have pictures from my first post: http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin-shoes/newbie-with-pictures-278080.html (If you look at the second picture of the Joli's, you can see the gap in the back foot)

Can you ladies offer your opinion?! If I double-layer heel grips, will that work? And will it look dumb? Ahhhh :hysteric: I'm so confused!!

Thanks in advance!

Get the right size, stretch the front part. I am anxiously waiting for my nude jolis in 36.5 (37 loose, 36 tight at the front, fingers crossed 36.5 will be okay)

dukechickie

♥♥ blue devil
O.G.
Jul 6, 2006
back to jersey
As an additional note, when I first got the smaller pair, I couldn't even put them on without wincing and my feet going numb... I've been trying the socks trick (which worked really well on the first, bigger pair), so they've stretched out a little, but even now, they're still super painful!! I definitely would not be able to wear them for an extended period of time...

Also, the colors between the two pairs are different! One's more of a vibrant banana yellow and the other is a bright lemon yellow. Not really a deciding factor since they're both gorgeous, but just a curious fact...

I really hope I don't have to give up on this shoe!! :girlsigh:

japskivt

Jul 11, 2006
NYC
The one's you posted actually look too long for BOTH feet. I see a gap at the back of both. I would try having them stretched.

dukechickie

♥♥ blue devil
O.G.
Jul 6, 2006
back to jersey
The one's you posted actually look too long for BOTH feet. I see a gap at the back of both. I would try having them stretched.
It's actually not too long for my right foot, the base of my foot fits snugly but the achilles' tendon part of my heel makes it look like the shoe's too big... if that makes sense at all!

Thanks everybody for your opinions! I just have to find someone to stretch it out in NC...

Stinas

O.G.
Mar 7, 2007
New Jersey
Wear them a couple times...they stretch out. My toes were a little tight in my red ones then after a couple times they stretched out.
No pain no gain lol

Aug 7, 2006
i agree with keepng the smaller one and stretching them out...i think the bigger ones look a tad bit too big for you ...hope you are able to sort it out bc the jolis are so gorgeous!

Lynn12

O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
Charlotte, NC
It's actually not too long for my right foot, the base of my foot fits snugly but the achilles' tendon part of my heel makes it look like the shoe's too big... if that makes sense at all!

Thanks everybody for your opinions! I just have to find someone to stretch it out in NC...
I agree that you shoud keep the smaller shoe and have it stretched or keep wearing thick socks. Be careful and only put the socks on your toe portion. If you put it on your heel also, it might stretch the heel of the shoe too much and it will flop.

Why don't you call Saks in Raleigh, NC to see if they can stretch it or if they could recommend a good cobbler in the Raleigh/Durham area. If you are ever in Charlotte, Belk Department store has a wonderful cobbler located next to the optical department. They are FANTASTIC, and have worked wonders on my shoes. They even put on the Vibram soles to protect my soles. GOOD LUCK!!!

Chi town Chanel

Meow!
O.G.
Dec 18, 2007
the Mothership
The smaller pair is best, the others just don't fit. I'm not sure if I would have them stretched much though. They will stretch as you wear them and you don't want them to become too loose. You would need to suffer through the first few wears to stretch them yourself. If you can stand it, wear and stretch them yourself. If it's just too painful, then have a cobbler stretch them. We all suffer so much for our shoes!!! These are just too cute though!

meluvs2shop

In Love
O.G.
Jul 15, 2007
i went back and forth with the black & nude and that is why i have FOUR TOTAL at my house!! the d'orsay style usually runs big but my SA advised me to still size up just b/c it's CL. but i knew it was going to be too big and it was...then the 37.5 (my actual size) fit one foot but big on the other. now the 37's... the length is perfect but it is snug in the toe box!:Push:

for d'orsay i sually have to size down.

dukechickie

♥♥ blue devil
O.G.
Jul 6, 2006
back to jersey
Hi everyone again! Thanks for all your help :smile:

I was desperate to stretch out the smaller pair, so after much hesitation, I tried the rubbing alcohol trick and it worked! :yahoo: It is so much more comfortable now! Unfortunately there are still gaps in the back of my feet. I swear my feet are crazy, but I will not give up on these shoes!

Stinas

O.G.
Mar 7, 2007
New Jersey
Hi everyone again! Thanks for all your help :smile:

I was desperate to stretch out the smaller pair, so after much hesitation, I tried the rubbing alcohol trick and it worked! :yahoo: It is so much more comfortable now! Unfortunately there are still gaps in the back of my feet. I swear my feet are crazy, but I will not give up on these shoes!
Just use Footpetals heel liners in buttercup...they blend in the best with the inside of the shoe color.