HELP! Xmas Gift Exchange: Monogram Shawl vs. Eva Clutch

alita24

O.G.
Jun 27, 2009
Hi guys! Need some advice!

My bf bought me the monogram shawl in chocolate (which is absolutely TDF) but I'm not crazy about it. First, I wear scarves occasionally, but the shawl just feels like SO much material (I'm petite). Second, the chocolate colour is very rich and luxe, but doesn't really go well with my wardrobe.

So now...I'm wondering... Should I exchange for a diff colour, perhaps the black or natural? OR should I pay the difference ($110 I believe) and get the Eva Clutch (classic monogram would be my choice). I have a lot of large bags, but my clutch collection still has room to grow...

Any advice would be great! TIA!

Alexis168

Haters suck
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
USA
I would pay the difference for the Eva. Or exchange the shawl for a different color that you can really use.

azngal

O.G.
Jun 12, 2010
Get the Eva Clutch. If you go out to parties a lot or clubbing, this the Eva is practical and you'll use it all the time!

Nov 30, 2010
My vote is for the Eva. It's really versatile because you can wear it two ways. Plus, it sounds like you would get more use out of it.

Jan 26, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Get the Eva clutch! I didn't realize how much I would use it. It is so versatile for both day and night. There's only a few months of scarf weather really! You'll use the Eva year round!

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
United Kingdom
That was a really nice gift, but if your boyfriend won't be offended I'd exchange it for the Eva and pay the difference. For the money involved, you should get something you'll really use a lot.

Aug 18, 2010
i would exchange it for the eva especially since it sounds like even if you got a different color, you really wouldn't wear the shawl that much. i have the eva and absolutely love it!