Help! Would you sell a $3k item to a new buyer w/ 1 feedback??

ocgirl

O.G.
May 8, 2006
I have an offer close to my BIN price, from a new Ebay buyer who registered 3 weeks ago and has 1 feedback so far. I countered with terms that she pays via bank wire or postal money order, but I was out all day and the auction ended. Now she's emailing me wanting to buy it, but only paying through paypal.

After all the chargeback horror stories I have read here, I'm nervous that she would take my brand new with tags Chanel bag, use it for a while, then do a chargeback on me. What do you ladies think?

Well it depends if her paypal account is verified and you´re sending to her confirmed adress, then is ok, but send the handbag with delivery confirmation, tracking number etcetera, everyone has to start somewhere.... also you can tell her you will wait at least one week to ship or make some small excuse like, for not sending right away so if she´s buying with a stollen credit card at least you´re making sure not getting a chargeback just when you had sent the package.....

I would make sure that the address is confirmed as well - after the scams I've heard, I'd kind of have the heebie jeebies about this still.

No, I'm sorry if this offends anyone, and I know we were all new at one time. However, 3k, is a lot of money to risk being tied up in a paypal dispute or cc charge back. All the horror stories I've heard about the way paypal and ebay treats sellers makes me wary of selling anything high ticket. Personally, I'd say no.

eek...ya know on another thread you guys were talking about a tpf'r that I can only guess has lots of feedback on the bay and it went awry...i think you are always at risk cause you are dealing with people! all of these stories have sellers, sometimes power sellers, that flake out. i say go with your gut....i could kick myself every time I did not personally.....let us know what ya do!

I wouldn´t accept paypal either.....bank wire yup but no PP. After all the horror stories here I am seriously considering not to accept PP but that will make me loose potential buyers,

Kat

If you do decide to sell her the bag, then video tape EVERY single step of wrapping this bag up, placing it in the box, sealing the box, etc. From what I have heard about nightmare buyers, I think having everything documented would be a nice "insurance policy."

I'm afraid that I, too, would be extremely anxious about such a sale and if your gut feeling says it's too risky, I would walk away from the sale. There will be another buyer out there. Let us know what you decide to do.

I have turned down low feedback bidders for a $1600-1700 item, so a $3k item is definitely out of the question for me! Especially when they don't know or aren't familiar with what they're buying from the type of questions they ask.