HELP!! Would you Pay the Price???? #@*+&%

sometimes, when we see all the beautiful bags on the PF we just want everything!

OH this is SO true! I know I am totally guilty of that, and I find that occasionally it distracts me from all the beauty of the things I DO have and love.

lovehermes, no need to apologize ;)

I have often had this feeling as you know!
I think you need to keep going to H trying on bags and seeing what surprises they have in the back. The leather and color make a huge difference on bags and one 35 Birkin can go from "not so much" to "ding ding ding" depending on those things. Also try your friends bags out any time that you can. ;)

Oh and I wouldn't pay crazy reseller prices. I'd get a gently used one from a reseller that is hopefully under retail...or an almost new one that may be a tiny bit over retail (since of course they have to cover there ebay costs and make a little profit) or buy from someone who is a not a reseller but just makes mistakes is just trying to recoup cost or not loose too much! ;)

...sometimes, when we see all the beautiful bags on the PF we just want everything! It becomes an obsession almost. But remember, these bags are made so incredibly well so that they can be worn, used, and enjoyed! IT is easy to just want to "acquire" the next H bag- and we all get caught up in it- but you have tried 2 different birkins and you did not like or enjoy either one of them. I think you really need to take a step back, and just enjoy what you have right now, because you truly don't know what you want!
Jag:heart:, you made my day! Your voice of reason was so much needed to be heard:tup: We do get off the focus over here from time to time and forget to look back at our collections with appreciation. It's a paradox, but it seems that being obsessed with the brand as much as many of us are we ourselves tend to somewhat cheapen the value of joy from possessing the pieces we already have. IMHO.
HermesL, oh I know how you feel :yes:. But take it from me, do take a deep breath, calm down. have a glass of wine or two... and wait a while. You'll see it clearly and know what to do next. Not so long ago I got caught in a moment and decided that I just couldn't live w/out the croc birkin. In a while after I calmed down a little I realized I actually could! LOL. I was blind and then I saw it: my other gorgeous birkins, jpg, kellys, etc, - they are my treasures in their own right. Gotta enjoy them.*Hugs*

It sounds like you've regained your "focus." It is hard seeing all the beautiful bags on this forum and the chic ladies modeling them. It does make you want to run out an buy something.

I have only bought from the boutique, but it has given me time to really consider what I want (and have changed my mind many times before I actually place my order) and to save for the bag (LOL).

I think you need to keep going to H trying on bags and seeing what surprises they have in the back. The leather and color make a huge difference on bags and one 35 Birkin can go from "not so much" to "ding ding ding" depending on those things. Also try your friends bags out any time that you can. ;)
I know that's what's so difficult....I don't have an H store here and my friends here don't know what H is...lol. But you are correct in saying that maybe it was the color/leather/hardware combination that wasn't clicking with me. Maybe one day I'll find it!:yes:

Dear LH, for me, the question of whether to buy from a reseller or not ALWAYS comes down to what type of bag you're seeking. If the colour or leather etc is hard to come by in a store, and you can haggle a better deal, then why not? I'd rather pay a little more for a combo that I'll adore forevermore than settle, just to have the experience of buying from the store, or paying less, if you know what I mean? To me, it's more important to have the RIGHT bag, not just the bag itself. When it comes to Hermes, and the prices we pay, it must be right in every way, in my opinion.

Sleep on it! You'll know the right combo when you see it! And then we can help you FIND it!

:smile:

Dear LH, for me, the question of whether to buy from a reseller or not ALWAYS comes down to what type of bag you're seeking. If the colour or leather etc is hard to come by in a store, and you can haggle a better deal, then why not? I'd rather pay a little more for a combo that I'll adore forevermore than settle, just to have the experience of buying from the store, or paying less, if you know what I mean? To me, it's more important to have the RIGHT bag, not just the bag itself. When it comes to Hermes, and the prices we pay, it must be right in every way, in my opinion.

Sleep on it! You'll know the right combo when you see it! And then we can help you FIND it!

Thanks GF....you are so sweet!! :angel:

lovehermes, do you have your heart set on a bag? What about a gold bracelet or necklace??

I'm sure there are other H bags in my future, but, really, for my simple lifestyle, I have all the bags I really "need." But, for some reason, I never seem to have quite enough fine jewelry:P

^^ITA!!

I have paid over retail to resellers for bags I know I will love for the rest of my life esp when I know they are hard to come by. My SAs really try and help me get the bags on my wishlist but sometimes, there are things that even they cannot control - e.g., supply of skins. So, when the opportunity for THE BAG comes along, I grab it.

I still have no regrets that I paid through the nose at that time for some of my bags because it is now a LOT less than retail. :P But like GF says, it has to be for the RIGHT bag.

GF...I don't think I could ever take a break from here...it's too addicting and you are all so sweet!
isus...I would like to try another Birkin...maybe ostrich since I love my Black Ostrich Kelly!
all about bags...I was thinking the same thing...maybe it's worth it to pay more in the long term and love your purchase instead of settling for something that is available from a boutique. I remember I was waiting for a year for my Black Clemence 30 Birkin w/PH and settled during the year for a Black Chamonix Drag and a Black Trim...all those could have added up to one gorgeous croc Birkin from a reseller. You made a lot of sense...thank you!