Help! Would you keep this mini?

jc3881

May 31, 2020
Hi everyone,

I just got a 21C black mini rectangle flap with LGHW and would love to hear your thoughts on whether I should keep, return, or exchange. My main concerns are:

1) All my previous Chanel bags came with two tags - one with the price and one with the bag’s serial number and style info (see pic of the two tags I received with my med classic flap). However, my mini only came with the price tag. Main difference with this purchase is that it was shipped from the boutique whereas all my previous purchases were in-store (boutique and department store). Is this normal/should I be concerned with authenticity? Would I not be able to return my mini flap without the second tag?

BD30CB5F-198C-4792-9157-607E37E2282C.jpeg2A78E6D2-DF16-4ADF-83E3-414E2E19E5EA.jpeg

2) The leather on the part of the strap that goes over your shoulder is quite wrinkled, especially when you compare it to the leather on the strap close to the grommets (shoulder strap leather on the right vs strap leather near grommet on the left). Does this mean this bag was used then returned? Could any lambskin owners confirm this is a sign of wear and tear?

4A26905A-BF4E-4F72-8ACC-BBCBDF01EE5E.jpeg
E869820E-7C23-4587-9926-4F4001F6B9AA.jpeg

3) The inner lining of the bag is loose/there is a huge air bubble in the base. This seems to be a common issue with Chanel bags in general but curious if any mini or lambskin owners have been able to even it out with use or storage.

182FD24D-E9BF-4D7A-BB50-C7643EC9E01C.jpeg

4) There are some minor marks on the bottom that I have not been able to rub out. They are mainly visible under certain lighting/angles so I am not sure if they are scratches. Anyone know what they could be and how to get rid of them?

2DEA08D9-2F98-4AF9-89B0-740488505BA0.jpegB3CDEE81-102B-47BB-9A8E-7671CE1DCC01.jpeg

The quilts are also not as puffy as I would like and three of the quilts on the front are actually slightly deflated but I would be willing to overlook that along with the inner lining as well as marks on the bottom. My biggest concern is the wrinkled leather on the shoulder strap, as I would imagine this will only get worse, with my worst nightmare being the leather would eventually crack or snap in half.

I do however love the size and chain length of the mini flap and have been wanting to add a small crossbody bag to my collection. In addition, the stitching and flap alignment are close to perfect and the folds on the sides are even. I’ve also heard that mini flaps can be hard to get a hold of - is that still the case? And of course there’s the constant fear of price increases!

If you were in my shoes, would you keep this bag? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
If you have to start a thread because you are not satisfied then I’d return. You should be 100% happy with your purchase. I don’t think it matters how others feel. There are things that bother you.
I agree .

Op, your post is quite lengthy and detailed with imperfections of your new mini thus telling us you're not happy. Id return it. It's important to love your bags or else you'll regret it .

What did you decide?

Hi @Venessa84, Happy New Year! It was an extremely difficult decision!! I initially decided to keep the bag but will be stopping by the boutique this weekend to return or exchange. The strap leather and inner lining air bubble seemed to improve a bit after proper storage and I figured I could always send the bag in for repair/refurbishment down the line. Plus the stitching, alignment, and sides are perfect, which I feel you don't see as often with Chanel flap bags these days and are more important than minor details that nobody can see.

However, I realized this bag was not for me when I was too scared to wear it out for even a quick trip to the grocery store. This is my first lambskin bag and as much as I try to tell myself that lambskin is not as delicate as it seems, my fear of scratching it up always wins over - I think that it being a crossbody bag doesn't help my anxiety as well because I worry about bumping it into something vs a small shoulder bag or clutch that I can hold close/protect more. If I were to keep the bag, I know I would just end up admiring her from afar as she sits pretty in my closet and I want to not just love but also use my bags!

Reactions: Venessa84
Hi @Venessa84, Happy New Year! It was an extremely difficult decision!! I initially decided to keep the bag but will be stopping by the boutique this weekend to return or exchange. The strap leather and inner lining air bubble seemed to improve a bit after proper storage and I figured I could always send the bag in for repair/refurbishment down the line. Plus the stitching, alignment, and sides are perfect, which I feel you don't see as often with Chanel flap bags these days and are more important than minor details that nobody can see.

However, I realized this bag was not for me when I was too scared to wear it out for even a quick trip to the grocery store. This is my first lambskin bag and as much as I try to tell myself that lambskin is not as delicate as it seems, my fear of scratching it up always wins over - I think that it being a crossbody bag doesn't help my anxiety as well because I worry about bumping it into something vs a small shoulder bag or clutch that I can hold close/protect more. If I were to keep the bag, I know I would just end up admiring her from afar as she sits pretty in my closet and I want to not just love but also use my bags!
If you're happy with it and love it, keep it. The price is only going to keep going up more. 10 years ago it was 2200! Now it's going to be 4000. I just got a black mini lambskin shw as well. Should have bought it 10 years ago. I bought it for the price I paid for my m/l 10 years ago. Its now the cost of my jumbo that I paid in store.
I posted a picture of my lambskin WOC that I've had since 2013. I've thrown it around, spilled alcohol on it, took it to Europe, Hawaii, traveled with it, danced with it at weddings . Dropped it.

It still looks like when I got it. See the photos. Ultimately it's up to you. :smile:

20210101_164814.jpg

20210101_164849.jpg

20210101_164842.jpg

That’s a bummer that the bag isn’t going to work out for you. Not trying to change your mind but I wanted to let you know lambskin is not as delicate as people make it seems. It tends to get better with age. I have 3 lambskin Chanels (1 is iridescent). Scratches tend to blend in and they have worn very well.