Help with tote decision

squeeni

O.G.
Jul 29, 2007
Hi guys!
So I bought my first Chanel a few months ago. It is a black calf quilted tote with the gold CC clasp closure from the cruise collection I think. I love it but find getting in and out of it annoying at times due to the top not being completely open. So am torn as always liked the GST but never got to see one in person as they aren't made anymore. So need your advice. Would you keep the current tote I have since it is unique and a beautiful bag, or sell and get the GST? Do GST owners love theirs or find it boxy? I carry my tote as a satchel all the time. I'm torn as its a beautiful bag. Pics below. Help [emoji15]
1b01660f6a5ad4478a5a39099991b024.jpg

345b92f8b0bf5289cde9b968302c293f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using PurseForum mobile app

I have both this bag and the GST and I like this bag SO MUCH MORE. The GST is boxy and it is very hard to wear on the shoulder. I love the GST because of the look, but now that I have this one I don't wear it anymore. But thats just my opinion. If I were you, I would try the GST on in store, as it can be a bit of a pain. If you love it, get it, because they are getting harder to get!
Hope you figure it all out and good luck!

Hmmm....First off, I love this tote you got. It is lovely. Interestingly, I prefer totes that are not completely open. But this is not about me!
If you are not 100% happy with your purchase, maybe you should sell it. I´d actually say anything less than 90% happy probably warrants a do-over. However, if it were me, I would not replace it with a bag I have not handled in person, have not tried on, and may not be able to return. It depends how much risk you are willing to take, I guess, and I am not willing to take that much risk.
Are these not possibly two separate questions, independent of one another? First ask yourself, do you love using your tote? And then ask, will you be happy with the GST? Try to research the GST as much as you can if you do not get to try one out in person. Good luck.

Hmmm....First off, I love this tote you got. It is lovely. Interestingly, I prefer totes that are not completely open. But this is not about me!
If you are not 100% happy with your purchase, maybe you should sell it. I´d actually say anything less than 90% happy probably warrants a do-over. However, if it were me, I would not replace it with a bag I have not handled in person, have not tried on, and may not be able to return. It depends how much risk you are willing to take, I guess, and I am not willing to take that much risk.
Are these not possibly two separate questions, independent of one another? First ask yourself, do you love using your tote? And then ask, will you be happy with the GST? Try to research the GST as much as you can if you do not get to try one out in person. Good luck.
I actually love this tote and use it everyday. It is my everyday bag. I guess since I originally wanted the GST and never got to see within person, there is that tiny doubt. I do love how squishy this tote is. I'm just trying to get us to not being able to easily get in and out of it as my other satchels are easy to get in to. I appreciate your comment as I don't think I want to risk getting the GST and then not being happy. Maybe I will just keep this tote. I do love the design. [emoji4]

I have both this bag and the GST and I like this bag SO MUCH MORE. The GST is boxy and it is very hard to wear on the shoulder. I love the GST because of the look, but now that I have this one I don't wear it anymore. But thats just my opinion. If I were you, I would try the GST on in store, as it can be a bit of a pain. If you love it, get it, because they are getting harder to get!
Hope you figure it all out and good luck!
Thanks for the comment. I was wondering how boxy the GST was. It's a great looking bag but I do love my tote.

The. GST is beautiful but IMO it has a few issues. I used to own one but don't anymore. The interior has the center zipper compartment which makes it hard to fit anything big or bulky in the bag. So many GSTs get saggy which I don't like since I prefer the structured look of a new GST. Your bag looks lovely so I think you should just enjoy it!

The. GST is beautiful but IMO it has a few issues. I used to own one but don't anymore. The interior has the center zipper compartment which makes it hard to fit anything big or bulky in the bag. So many GSTs get saggy which I don't like since I prefer the structured look of a new GST. Your bag looks lovely so I think you should just enjoy it!
Thanks.. I think I will keep my bag and continue to love it and use it. The bulking of the GST is what scares me.