Help with Theory fabrics...

chiapet

Nov 26, 2007
Hi everyone, I'm hoping you can help me...

I just scored a really cute Theory Gabe B blazer in black, City fabric, on MAJOR sale (80% off!!!) and I am on the hunt for pants that match to try to put together the suit (shopping online).

I looked online and I noticed the same blazer paired with Max C pants on a bunch of sites, so I'm assuming these are the matching pants?...

Does anyone have any idea how I can figure out what fabric different Theory styles are made of? Or what pants are "City" fabric to match this blazer? The tag says 90% poleyester, 10% lycra... but I am not finding any Theory pants with this material makeup...

Oh, and the blazer looks like this (same style, but not sure if this one is in the same fabric as the one I bought):

http://www.shopbop.com/gabe-blazer-...erID=282574488391822&color=11496&fm=crosssell

Attachments

Last edited:

soundjade

Feb 28, 2007
NYC
fabric styles can be found on the tag as you mentioned.... not sure how to find out just how many there are unless you study theory's line with meticulous detail.

max C is only a style of pants (the way they are cut) but there are other cuts that also match the blazer you found. just find a pair of pants in the "city" fabric and same color code.

sorry this is vague and not much help

chiapet

Nov 26, 2007
^^^Thanks! Based on what you said I am searching for "City" fabric pants now....

But I am having trouble finding any "City" pants online. I see a ton of "Tailor" fabric pants out there but no City =[ polyester is out I guess.

Wondering if there are anymore "City" pants out there anywhere...

bags&shoes

shopping is an art
Jul 1, 2008
Hollywood, CA
It will be hard to find fabrics other than tailor. "Tailor" is Theory's staple fabric, and it is quite easy to match it with other blazer/ trouser styles in the same"tailor" fabric.
Perhaps you can go back to where you got your original piece and see if you can find a match.
Try a Nordstroms Rack if there is one nearby...