Help with the Matt Croc Skin

feifei123

Nov 2, 2015
I just got my first exotic Hermes bag. It's a Constance Elan Matt Nilo Black PHW.
So I wore it out today, and just realized that was a scuff on the back corner(I assume it bumped into my belt buckle. I didn't even know Croc bags are so delicate.
So, I wish someone could give me some advices on how to take care of this type of leather and maybe some solutions to this scuff? (I realized it gets scratches and I can live with it, but scuff! on the first day. :sad:

ODEDIHAIMS

Apr 13, 2015
i don't have any advice as i dint own any croc bags, just wanted to say that this is stunning!!!!!!!!

Oct 19, 2008
Northern Virginia
Congrats on your beautiful Plume Elan. I own both Matte and shiny Croc bags. In my experience, Matte is definitely more fragile, but better if it gets a drop on it. Matte will rub and get scuffs. It becomes part of the patina. Matte bags are less formal, too. So it's OK. What drives me nuts about Constances is that the Hardware scratches easily. I have an Epsom Constance Elan and the buckle scratched the first time I wore it. So I can relate.

feifei123

Nov 2, 2015
Congrats on your beautiful Plume Elan. I own both Matte and shiny Croc bags. In my experience, Matte is definitely more fragile, but better if it gets a drop on it. Matte will rub and get scuffs. It becomes part of the patina. Matte bags are less formal, too. So it's OK. What drives me nuts about Constances is that the Hardware scratches easily. I have an Epsom Constance Elan and the buckle scratched the first time I wore it. So I can relate.
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. The scuff I got was kinda deep. I don't want to baby my bag, but I don't want to ruin it neither. So I'm taking it to the store to ask about it.

Yoshi1296

Dec 29, 2012
I don't own croc from Hermes but I do own matte croc from Gucci and the scuffs disappeared for me as it patinas. I'd say just try to rub it out with your fingers and let the leather patina process work its wonders. My croc gucci wallet is now super silky smooth and buttery soft. Also, the patina gives it a nice subtle sheen as well.

Congrats on your new Constance, it is stunning.