Help with Siwy shorts.

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
I live in the UK and the only place I could get Siwy Camilla shorts was online from a US retailer. I normally take a 26 in jeans so I ordered the 26 shorts. I totally overpaid because I had to pay international shipping and then a hefty customs charge. The shorts arrived and they are really nice, really comfortable and fit great everywhere except there is quite a big gap at the back. I'm worried they might stretch out even more over time. I don't know if I should get the size 25 but by the time I pay return postage to send the 26 back and pay the shipping fee to have a 25 sent out then the customs charge again I will have paid out so much money. I might also find that the 25 ends up being too tight in the thigh area but then again they could be perfect. What do you advise, particularly those who have siwy shorts? Do yours have this gap at the back too? TIA

I can't wear Siwy jeans either because of the gap. I bought the cropped Hannah and sized down, to get a better fit - which turned out to be just less of a gap and the thighs were really tight. They haven't stretched out and will be going on eBay shortly.

It's a problem i have with quite a few denim brands! A right pain!

There are some other threads on Siwy shorts so you should do a search. I think most people said you're supposed to size down in the shorts though. I don't have any, but I do have the "countoured rachel clamdiggers" that I cut into shorts. Their sizing is kind of weird, I'm a TTS 25 in all my jeans except Paige where I'm a 26 and the Siwy 26 is incredibly tight on me everywhere! Even my thighs which are quite thin.

Maybe take them to a tailor and see if they can be brought in in the waist in the back? I've had this done on a number of different brands of jeans b/c I have bigger, athletic thighs and have needed to size up b/c of it in certain brands.

I don't have any Siwy shorts but I do have Siwy Hannahs and I sized up b/c they were super distressed. They do gap a bit in the back but not enough to the point that I need them altered.

I do have thin thighs but I hate anything to be too tight in that area and I'm worried if i size up they will be too tight in this area. I have the Siwy Hannah in rain wash in a 26 and they are really tight on the waist, no gap. Kmrosko404, that's a good idea about taking them to the tailor.

I just ordered a Siwy Camilla in a size 25, normally I am a 24 or 0 in everything, the reason I ordered them in that size is because I had heard that they were tight in the thigh and that is the last place that I want tight. So I thought that if I get a size bigger that it would be a little baggier and thus would not hug my thighs so closely. We shall see, I am supposed to get them today, so depending on how they look, I may put a pic up. Did you check Blueheavenboutique ? If you google a coupon code, you can usually find a pretty good discount.

I just ordered a Siwy Camilla in a size 25, normally I am a 24 or 0 in everything, the reason I ordered them in that size is because I had heard that they were tight in the thigh and that is the last place that I want tight. So I thought that if I get a size bigger that it would be a little baggier and thus would not hug my thighs so closely. We shall see, I am supposed to get them today, so depending on how they look, I may put a pic up. Did you check Blueheavenboutique ? If you google a coupon code, you can usually find a pretty good discount.

So I just got them. They fit exactly as I want them to. They are just barely passing my "tight thigh test" I actually like how they fit, not super tight but so far, not too loose either. I will try to post a pic

Here they are , while they are not the best photos, I think that the show very much what the shorts fit like. They are not too tight around the thigh, the waist is pretty loose, but that is fine for me because I can wear a long shirt, tug the shorts down just a bit more for length, the only down side for me by getting a bigger short is that it makes my bum look flat and non exise:Pnt.

Attachments

• IMG_2842.jpg
    IMG_2842.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2844.jpg
    IMG_2844.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2845.jpg
    IMG_2845.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 247
^^ These look amazing on you! Mine probably fit a little tighter on me but yours look great. Do you find that there is quite a big gap at the back of the waist?

Yes, there is a gap, but not huge, the waist is just big in general, that is why I will wear a longer top, to kinda hold the shorts up a bit, I know if I would have got the 24's that they would be too short, because the waist would be smaller. I wore these all day today and I'm happy with the size.