help with scarves as art

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
I'm redoing my office at work and I'd love to have to hermes scarves framed as art. My colors are a deep blue, black, and walnut brown (one wall is the blue, two wall are the walnut wood paneled (real wood), and the other wall is vintage brick). My desk and chair are pictured below as well as the color blue swatch.

I've selected the following scarves:
1. h20 (love the design because I love the water and hermes - thus the perfect combo!!)

2. Offrandes d'un Jour

What do you think?? I've never seen either of these scarves IRL so I'm only basing the pairing off the pictures. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Attachments

• ballarddesigns-4.jpeg
    ballarddesigns-4.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 110
  • img87m.jpg
    img87m.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 112
  • SW6243.gif
    SW6243.gif
    107 bytes · Views: 435
  • h9238_r.jpg
    h9238_r.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 112
  • h17680_r.jpg
    h17680_r.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 119
I love the choices. Beautiful scarves and lovely furniture. I have seen the H2O scarf at the sale last March and it is gorgeous. I hope you can find it. The other one is still available. To display your beauties, Hermes has a scarf hanging system, which we own and use. The name of the system is called the Fixation. It is made of brushed nickel. It consists of screws, metal springs and magnets, which are held together by leather, very easy to follow (measure twice, three times!!) instructions. It's easy to use. We switch out our scarves all the time and it's charming to see what's hanging there. Every so often, DH changes it out. Yesterday, he put Avant en toute, the Queen Mary 2 carre up (the real one, not the reissue!!) We are going on the ship in two weeks! If you live near an H boutique, take a look at the way they display their scarves. The fixation is the same princiapal, except in the store, they use pins rather than magnets to hold the scarves. I believe we paid under $300.
I'm not sure I would use them on a brick wall.

i have permanently framed 2 scarves, and have just ordered frames for 6 more (four carres and two stoles) which will be hung together in a foyer.
i find i like a "permanent" frame, but that is just me. i love your selections, most especially the H20. i would do a black wood frame which would "pop" on the brick wall and bring out the black lines within the H20 scarf and the black of the chair.
love your selections, whatever direction you go!

I think black or silver frames would look good; black to be more striking and go with the chair, silver to blend into the background a bit and let the scarf stand out. I had my scarves framed at a frame shop (not Michaels or craft store framers, but a professional shop) that has framed specifically Hermes scarves before. On my pochettes where I wanted a border around the scarf, they stitched the scarf to the board underneath the rolled hem; on my 90cm carre, I did not want a border around the scarf, so they wrapped the hems around the edge of the board and used thread to lace the hems together across the back of the board. It looks fantastic, and I knew it was not a scarf that I'd ever want to wear, so I was fine with the hems being flattened.

Your office will look terrific!

Thanks ladies!! I'm going to get them:smile: I want to frame them in a frame. I like the idea of the black frames, however was initially think a satin sliver frame as to not compete with the scarf.

Tesi: Where do you get yours framed?

I found this website and thought I might try it out.... http://wholesaleposterframes.com/product_info2.php
(I would select "profile e"

i have taken mine to a local professional frame shop- they do a wonderful job of "pinning" the scarf so it is stretched evenly, and, if i wanted to do so, i could get it out (although they are not designed to be removed at will).
i am a big art person, and the way i see it, the frame can make or break a work of art. it shouldn't compete, but highlight the beauty of the work, whatever it might be.
truly, i would recommend going to a local framer. you might pay a bit more, but it will be right. you can "test" some of their frame samples right up against the scarf, and decide if you want "exposed" edges with a mat behind or the edges pinned/tucked behind the frame.
sometimes local craft stores (acmoore, michaels, joanne fabric) have discount coupons for 50 percent off framing in their circulars.
and you will need to iron out the folds, as best you can.
good luck sweetie! obviously i love the idea!

Lovely choices, LVLOVER! Might I suggest adding another scarf to the mix if you have the room? Collections usually look best together in odd numbers.

And, I love that you are framing them instead of using the Fixation...the wood of the frames will play off the wood furniture and the stripes of the chair fabric. Plus, the black frames will look lovely against the blue walls....

I love this thread. I have purchased two little red riding hood pochettes to have framed for my granddaughters. And the pochettes for the year of the hare (I am a rabbit) to get framed.

I have been wondering if special glass or mounting board is necessary. I am definitely going the professional framer route but wonder how many are experienced in framing silk?

Here are some photos of my office, I just waiting on the black/white striped chair (won't arrive until middle of december). The dark brown walls are oak wood paneled, that I decided to keep as the building is historic. The shelves/blue wall (darker IRL) is directly opposite the desk and H scarves.

....look closely and you'll notice the Iris beauty (she just arrived to me on the 19th) :yahoo::yahoo: and my baby- Mac!

Attachments

• IMG_2852.jpg
    IMG_2852.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2853.jpg
    IMG_2853.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2855.jpg
    IMG_2855.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: am2022
Here are some photos of my office, I just waiting on the black/white striped chair (won't arrive until middle of december). The dark brown walls are oak wood paneled, that I decided to keep as the building is historic. The shelves/blue wall (darker IRL) is directly opposite the desk and H scarves.

....look closely and you'll notice the Iris beauty (she just arrived to me on the 19th) :yahoo::yahoo: and my baby- Mac!

So beautiful. And the scarves!! I have enough scarves in the house to wall-paper all around! LOL. I go visit the great orange tower every so often. Sigh

Stunning perfect simply perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you much good business and fun good work,darling and im sending wonderful vibes and wishing great health for you and your new office so you may post more of theese wonderful ideas and especially, taste.love it! do post when the chair arrives as I feel it will be a perfect accent.best,birkel.