Help with Rolex purchase

krawford

O.G.
Feb 3, 2011
I will be celebrating a special birthday at the first of next year and have decided on a gold Rolex as my gift. I thought I would definitely want a President bracelet but the Oyster bracelet is very striking as well. Also I have never seen the gold with the sliver dial before. I would like your opinion on the President vs the Oyster bracelet. They are all 31mm. The model number is 278278
Thanks!!6E9D6D45-2CC8-41EE-82A1-D8847A6BA8D6.png6E21D5DD-7E5F-4E08-B9E8-8BFB319A154E.pngA90FC430-7C0E-4FEB-B90A-1175F1D12042.png08A52597-5FF1-4474-B7D7-9726DEC715D4.png

• Love
Reactions: etudes
Like the President bracelet as well. The Oyster will show wear more quickly. I really like the silver and Romans combo and I usually prefer diamond markers but this works well.
That was something I was wondering about,the wear on the oyster. I have had a gold Rolex with diamond markers and a diamond bezel years ago but found it a bit “fancy” for my life style and ended up selling it. I wanted it to look more casual. (as casual as a gold Rolex can look)

Reactions: kemilia
I prefer the oyster. I think a solid gold Rolex is very striking & the president bracelet can be a bit too much. I have a RG Rolex with that combination & I feel like it makes it a bit more muted which I love View attachment 4912033
ITA with @Louish. I have an old jubilee bracelet on mine (a smaller YG womens model from my family), and i am shopping for an RG oyster bracelet larger mm. I think the president bracelet is a bit too much, but i have a lot going on with RTW, bags and other jewelry. . . Depends on your taste and your style

I used to have a TT RG/SS DJ jubilee bracelet watch & at the time my best friend had a TT YG/SS DJ with an oyster bracelet. The jubilee definitely looked in better shape compared to her oyster. BUT I still prefer oyster. The jubilee was too shiny & in your face. I wear a Cartier thin love on the other wrist which shows scratches but it doesn’t bother me because I know that at any time I can get it polished.

Reactions: krawford