Help with "Return To Tiffany" GIft

Machick333

O.G.
Jul 23, 2009
Hi Everyone!

So i was just at Tiffany's yesterday and purchased the TWo mini Return To Tiffany NEcklace in YG

http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/Item...5-p+9-c+288196-r+150287465-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

So here is the catch.... I bought it for my Daughter who is turning two next week. Yes... maybe slightly crazy! My thought process was:
1.she will keep it for many years to come.
2.We can engrave the 2nd heart with something special
3. I've always wanted a special peice of jelwery from my parents i could have kept for life.

I guess my question is: am i crazy? is she going to loose this in a week? Lol I guess i figure she would only wear it on very special occasions until she is old enough to take care of it. I'm wondering:

1. Should i just return it and buy her something like this when she is old enough to appreciate it?
2. should i get something else..like soemthing in silver for now?
3. should i get the single regular sized return to tiffany instead
http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/Item...-p+10-c+288196-r+150287465-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Thanks for your input! Appreciate it!!!

Personally I would wait for a milestone birthday. She doesn't have to be an adult, but I think there's plenty of scope to wait and give her a first piece of really special jewellery later... eg 10 (double figures!), 13 when she hits her teens, or sweet 16.

If you still want to get her jewellery, perhaps a child's ID bracelet or a silver bangle? But not Tiffany, perhaps a mall jeweller? I guess I would wait on spending quite so much given the high chances of the piece being lost or broken.

No, you are not crazy, and no she will not lose it. I would also engrave something special on the second heart with the date. Don't buy sterling silver...it tarnishes and will never be as special as gold. When she's older, she will always remember her first piece of gold from her mom. I bought my daughter many pieces of gold from the day she was born, and so did her grandma. She appreciates them very much.

ETA... I think if you want to buy her her first Tiffany, wait until she is old enough to enjoy and remember recieving the blue box!! (Haha, 35 and still awaiting my first one!)

I bought this for my 16 yo sister in law who loved it! My daughter is 6 months and my hubby and I decided every Christmas we will give her a charm from Tiffany that way when she is around 12 she can make a little charm bracelet! I thought it was a cute idea. RTT is very popular with teens (anything clearly stating a name brand lol) so I'd hold off on the necklace until she's a bit older maybe 13 or so when she can process the meaning.

I bought this for my 16 yo sister in law who loved it! My daughter is 6 months and my hubby and I decided every Christmas we will give her a charm from Tiffany that way when she is around 12 she can make a little charm bracelet! I thought it was a cute idea. RTT is very popular with teens (anything clearly stating a name brand lol) so I'd hold off on the necklace until she's a bit older maybe 13 or so when she can process the meaning.

your baby in the avatar is adorable:smile: thanks for your input!

Personally I would wait for a milestone birthday. She doesn't have to be an adult, but I think there's plenty of scope to wait and give her a first piece of really special jewellery later... eg 10 (double figures!), 13 when she hits her teens, or sweet 16.

If you still want to get her jewellery, perhaps a child's ID bracelet or a silver bangle? But not Tiffany, perhaps a mall jeweller? I guess I would wait on spending quite so much given the high chances of the piece being lost or broken.

thanks for your input:smile: i feel torn ..lol i guess we will see:smile:

No, you are not crazy, and no she will not lose it. I would also engrave something special on the second heart with the date. Don't buy sterling silver...it tarnishes and will never be as special as gold. When she's older, she will always remember her first piece of gold from her mom. I bought my daughter many pieces of gold from the day she was born, and so did her grandma. She appreciates them very much.

Im happy you dont think im crazy:smile: lol i was actually really excited about this gift until my hubby came home and said it wasnt practicle b/c she will loose it. MY duaghter may be two... but she already wants all of mommy's jewlery and makeup! we are in trouble! lol

Hi Everyone!

So i was just at Tiffany's yesterday and purchased the TWo mini Return To Tiffany NEcklace in YG

http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/Item...5-p+9-c+288196-r+150287465-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

So here is the catch.... I bought it for my Daughter who is turning two next week. Yes... maybe slightly crazy! My thought process was:
1.she will keep it for many years to come.
2.We can engrave the 2nd heart with something special
3. I've always wanted a special peice of jelwery from my parents i could have kept for life.

I guess my question is: am i crazy? is she going to loose this in a week? Lol I guess i figure she would only wear it on very special occasions until she is old enough to take care of it. I'm wondering:

1. Should i just return it and buy her something like this when she is old enough to appreciate it?
2. should i get something else..like soemthing in silver for now?
3. should i get the single regular sized return to tiffany instead
http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/Item...-p+10-c+288196-r+150287465-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Thanks for your input! Appreciate it!!!

My mom gave me a similar necklace with YG hearts and I still have it 20 years later. She gave it to me on Valentine's Day and I felt so special! I am not sure I would give this to a 2 year old though. My mom gave me my first piece of jewelry in high school.

I think it's wonderful for your young Daughter to have some special peices.
My daughter is now 6, and over the years I've gotten her quite a few gold charms from Jennifer Fisher and other milestone momentos. (She is now in gymnastics, so she can't wear jewelry, but I keep it for her in my box.)
I love buying her little pieces. She has jade & pearls from China, an evil eye from Turkey. And I love the things I was given as a child....I don't think I'm going to just let her take care of this stuff on her own now, but she wears it occasionally.
Jewelry is a common gift for children in many cultures. It's considered lucky & portable wealth.

When I was a child my parents bought me gold earrings. I have no memory of it except for the one earring my mom kept because I lost the other one. I remember having jade bracelets but they broke so easily :sad: if I was in the same situation as you, I'd return it and set the money aside in a bank account and then when she turns 13 or something take her to Tiffany's and let her choose her first jewellery