help with RED lip

lmulks

LinzLou
Dec 17, 2008
I want a RED lip! (Like Louboutin red!)

HOWEVER, I tend to turn things orange-y... so I have never really worn lipstick...

I love a nude lip, but I'm feeling a little saucy lately :kiss:

recommendations? please? TIA

to keep from getting "orange-y", I'd use a red lipstain 1st then pick up "russian red" by MAC and put it over the lipstain once it dries. Since russian red is matte (not shiny) you have the option of putting a gloss over it if you want more sheen. Oh and dont forget to blot! hope tis helps :tup:

I'd suggest Armani 400. It's the
prettiest, clearest red I've ever
used. The perfect color to wear
with Louboutin shoes. It just
brightens up my face SO much!
I think you'd love it.

try putting a bit of concealer or makeup on your lips.. then try the "reds"

that appeal to you to see if they turn.. Chanel's new rouge coco in lune rousse

is nice as well as other Chanel colors in addition to Lipstick Queen who also

does a red and the above suggestions..

Go to your favorite beauty counter, choose 4 or 5 of their reds. Now line them all up and compare them. You will notice some are more brown, orange, pink or blue. I find the reds with tinge of blue to be the most sophisticated reds of all.

Chanel used to make some stunning blue reds. Their newest reds are Rivoli and Lune Rousse (latter may have shimmer).

Another vote for Russian Red by MAC. It comes both in a matte lipstick and a gloss go you can go with either (or both!). I also tend to turn reds orangish, and this one is more blue based and stays red on me.

I wear red lip fairly often and my personal favorite is Estee Lauder Stay Scarlet. It is a long-lasting color and a very true red.

Dita von Teese, the queen of red lippie, has said that Viva Glam I and Russian Red are her 2 favorites. She also sometimes wears Mac Classic Dame.

Last edited: