Help with Purchase Please

May 27, 2008
I saw the bag in the attached pic in Aritzia yesterday and absolutely loved it. I'm definately considering purchasing it but before I do I wanted some info on Marc Jacobs bags because I've never owned one before. In Aritzia it was for $478 CAD. The girl said it was a part of the new collection and all the Aritzia stores just got them, I don't mind paying that price as long as that's true. So is this a good price for the bag or would I be able to get it for less elsewhere because it's an older style?

Also I can't be 100% sure it was infact this bag because I didn't know much about the bags and only started looking for the bags afterward. So it might actually be the Baby Aidan.

Also I was wondering how the leather on Marc Jacobs bags hold up? Do I need to treat it before using it? It rains here quite a bit, will it hold up well in the rain?

It was in the camel colour, I'm not sure actually what the colour is called though. I would much appreciate any advice! TIA! :biggrin:

Attachments

• totally turnlock benny.jpg
    totally turnlock benny.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 62
I'm not sure what season this is from, but I can tell you that I really love this type of leather. Traditional MbMJ leather is thick and pebbly, but recently they have been producing new bags with this kind of leather, which is thinner, but incredibly pliable and silky soft. Personally, I prefer the look of it over the pebbled leather. I don't have a bag made from this type of leather, but I do have an SLG (a cosmetic case). I use it every day and it gets thrown around quite a bit in my bags, and I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. The prices for MbMJ bags are usually around that area, so it seems to be comparable with other bags.

I'm not sure what season this is from, but I can tell you that I really love this type of leather. Traditional MbMJ leather is thick and pebbly, but recently they have been producing new bags with this kind of leather, which is thinner, but incredibly pliable and silky soft. Personally, I prefer the look of it over the pebbled leather. I don't have a bag made from this type of leather, but I do have an SLG (a cosmetic case). I use it every day and it gets thrown around quite a bit in my bags, and I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. The prices for MbMJ bags are usually around that area, so it seems to be comparable with other bags.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the insight:biggrin:

It turns out the bag is actually called the Totally turnlock Baby Aidan and I bought it on my lunch!! :yahoo:I do love it! It's a gorgeous leather. I'll post pics of it tonight for sure :smile:

Turns out that I can't post pics tonight because hubby has misplaced the cam so I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow before I can share my new bag :sad:

I was hoping to use it tomorrow though but it's suppose to be raining, I'm not going to be out in the rain much, just running from house to car then car to work. Does anyone know if I need to put some sort of leather protector on this bag or is it good to go as is? Will it be ok as it is with a few rain drops here or there? TIA :smile:

The general consensus here is that you don't have to pre-treat your bags with conditioner, but I do anyway. ;) I highly recommend Cadillac, which you can find at Nordstrom for less than $10 including tax. I've used it on MJ collection, MbMJ, Prada, Miu Miu, Chanel, YSL, etc. It's pretty much awesome. As for rain, it should be okay with a few drops, but if you want to be extra careful I'd use some Cadillac since it prevents water spots. There's a lot more info. about leather care for MJs on the front page in the FAQs section.

MBMJ bags hold up really well in the rain. I have a turnlock satchel from summer 07 and I took that to the Arizona heat at 120F to the Toronto winter at -10F and it doesn't even show it. Even if it got any drops on it , they dry right away and didn't leave any stains. Aritzia has a really good selection right now . Congratulations on your new purse, it's amazing!