Help With Pleated Satchel!

spiceykim

Mar 27, 2008
Ok so I have decided that my next purchase is going to be the pleated satchel, but I can not seem to make up my mind about weather I want the patent leather or the regular leather and what color to get....I have to have this bag but choosing is harder than I thought. Any advice would be great! Thanks

i guess it just all depends on what color you would like to add to your collection... i like the leather satchels and the patent satchels... your right, they are all hard to choose from, if you want a pop of color to add to your wardrobe the burnt orange or the pink patent would be great choices... if you want a bag for everyday wear, i would suggest either the black or natural leather... good luck deciding!

I have seen all the colors in the boutique - and personally, I am not a fan of the patent for myself. I'm just not a huge fan of the look of patent leather, although I would recommend the pink or navy if you go with patent. I have the burnt orange and adore it - but the black could pass as a work bag and the white is very classy as well. All of the regular leather bags look fantastic paired with a legacy ponytail scarf :smile: So I think it comes down to the purpose and what other bags you already own - I picked orange because I needed something bright and I already own black/brown/white bags. Good luck! I'm sure you'll love the satchel!

I have the pink patent and plan to add a second one to my collection but don't know if I want the burnt orange or the natural. Or perhaps even the signature in khaki/chocolate.

Last edited:
A lot of people are having this very problem. I think that's why so many are buying multiples. Even me and I never do that.

I have the black leather and it's perfect for work (very conservative office). I also ordered the Navy patent.

If you want more color, I agree that the burnt orange or the pink patent would be nice.

The good news is that you really can't make a bad choice on this bag. They are all wonderful!!

I have the patent leather pink pleated satchel and absolutely love it!!! I get tons of compliants and it goes with just about everything. I use it for work and casual.
The navy looks really nice too!
Good luck!

How hard is it to take care of? Which is easier to care for patent or regular leather? I only have signature bags so I don't know anything about the leather ones.
I would say that the patent leather would be easier to maintain then the actual leather satchels... the patent leather you hardly have to care for unless you get anything on it, then you can wipe w/a damp cloth... as for the leather, you would probably have to put a leather protectant on it, and it is more likely to get scratches than the patent... JMO

I have a leather one and I used it in the rain today. I saw water marks and my eyes popped out but a few minutes later it dried and there were no marks. I like the feeling of the leather but patent is quite hot! The only problem for me with the patent was that the handles kept falling off my shoulders 'cause it was stiffer..I could just have narrow shoulders as well. You definitely need to go into a store to check it out. Just by looking at pics on coach.com, I was certain I wanted patent because the leather bags didn't look too appealing online...it was a different story after seeing the leather in person!

How hard is it to take care of? Which is easier to care for patent or regular leather? I only have signature bags so I don't know anything about the leather ones.

The main thing that worried me about the new pleated leather ergos is that it's vintage leather. I think the patent would be much easier to care for. Although I think it really depends on which color you're looking for...I don't think you can go wrong either way - this bag is BEAUTIFUL (just too big for me :crybaby:)

I chose the burnt orange b/c it is kind of a unique color, though I love the white, natural, & navy one in patent! The one displayed in the store was a little scratched up though (treating it should help), and I did have a little trouble getting it to stay on my shoulders...though I do have pretty narrow ones, so that issue is one that I'm used to.

I still can't wait to see mine when I get back from traveling. Good luck with your decision!!!! :tup:

oooh good thread. I want the patent one, but the leather ones are so yummy too. i think this will be a style I get in the signature with the khaki/chocolate and most likely the patent pink. I love the leather, but I am such a klutz and I KNOW if I get the leather i will totally mess it up. IRL the patent ones look much easier to clean! HTH!

Good luck and let us know what you choose!

I have the sig. bronze/khaki and love it. I would get either the burnt orange or natural leather. I love the look of the leather, but the patent would be easier to take care of. I have the Francine, which is patent and it is super easy to take care of! Good luck with your decision. You can't go wrong with any pleated satchel that you choose!

well since in NV you dont have weather issues I think you can go with either. So what colors are you attracted too? Personally the navy, pink, are nice but depends on what you wear. Dont care of the signature style.Again being in NV you could wear the pink or white all year.

Have you looked through the may purchases thread, that might help you.