Help with perfect bag!

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I am currently venturing back to Bal after years lusting after other brands. I am currently stuck on which bag I want to purchase. I like the new blue metal-edge city - but unsure of the color's lasting ability. I also am also contemplating the same metal-edge bag in blue in the velo. Finally - I have the ability to purchase an anthra in reg rose-gold hardware city but worry about fading and durability. Please help me to decide!

rainneday

Feb 8, 2013
It would depend a bit upon what you already have in your collection. Have you seen these above mentioned bags in person? :smile:

rainneday

Feb 8, 2013
Hmmm...well, both of those colors/hardware are beautiful. I think the Anthra with rggh is a great find. The leather on the metallic edge is slightly different than the 2012 leather (if your Anthra is g12), I think it might be Chèvre of the same type as the newer chèvre bags; not as squishy as the old Chèvre. I passed on the new teal color because the leather was too stiff for me, but I think it probably breaks in nicely--I just don't have the time for that. The edge also makes it a bit more formal.

ltbag

Grateful for life's beauty. Taking a break
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
If you currently do not own a balenciaga I would go with the anthra with rggh. It is more of a iconic color and hardware combo. The gold edge is great but it not the timeless look that bals are known for. It has its own new look. :cool: