Help with opks

kprice1019

O.G.
Nov 30, 2009
Spring Lake, NJ
For some reason I tried putting this in the ttc section and it said I didn't have enough permission.

Anyways I was using regular opks that give you a smiley or empty circle but last month switched to the cbfm. It went ok last month, but this month is weird. I've had 33ish day cycles and around cd 16 I still was getting lows on the monitor which I thought was strange so I decided to also use the regular opks in the afternoon starting cd 16. On cd 18 I got a positive on the regular but still lows on the monitor. I went with my positive but called the company and was told to continue testing so the monitor will continue to keep track. On cd 25-27 a week after my positive opk I got a high reading on my monitor and then today cd 28 I got a low. According to my period tracker on my phone I'm due for af on Wednesday. How can the monitor be that off? Does it mean anything? How can I have a positive opk and then get a high reading a week later and now low. I'm so confused! Does anyone have experience with these?
Thank you

May 8, 2006
manhattan
For some reason I tried putting this in the ttc section and it said I didn't have enough permission.

Anyways I was using regular opks that give you a smiley or empty circle but last month switched to the cbfm. It went ok last month, but this month is weird. I've had 33ish day cycles and around cd 16 I still was getting lows on the monitor which I thought was strange so I decided to also use the regular opks in the afternoon starting cd 16. On cd 18 I got a positive on the regular but still lows on the monitor. I went with my positive but called the company and was told to continue testing so the monitor will continue to keep track. On cd 25-27 a week after my positive opk I got a high reading on my monitor and then today cd 28 I got a low. According to my period tracker on my phone I'm due for af on Wednesday. How can the monitor be that off? Does it mean anything? How can I have a positive opk and then get a high reading a week later and now low. I'm so confused! Does anyone have experience with these?
Thank you

Are you temping in conjunction with the monitor/opk? That could maybe help pinpoint when you ovulated.

I dont have experience with the cbfm, but I found opks to be very unreliable while I was TTC. I got a lot of false positives for ovulation.

kprice1019

O.G.
Nov 30, 2009
Spring Lake, NJ
Are you temping in conjunction with the monitor/opk? That could maybe help pinpoint when you ovulated.

I dont have experience with the cbfm, but I found opks to be very unreliable while I was TTC. I got a lot of false positives for ovulation.
No, I tried but I had so many times when I would just wake up and be restless so i felt I was never getting the right temperature so igave up. What caused you guys to have false positives?

May 8, 2006
manhattan
No, I tried but I had so many times when I would just wake up and be restless so i felt I was never getting the right temperature so igave up. What caused you guys to have false positives?

My doctor said with the opks sometimes the surge they detect is not strong enough to actually ovulate (my case) OR the flip side can happen as well....since every body is different it could work for you or not....I was in the not category. So after she said that I pretty much stopped using them and did the temping which worked well for me in combination with monitoring CM and cervix.