Help with next bag purchase

Kmora

Mar 10, 2016
I need help to choose between some bags.

Background: I have plenty of bags and have no need for any of these. But, well you know, bags :heart:

My SA had this bag on hold for me. I saw it today and have until Friday to decide if I want it or not.
IMG_7146.JPG
IMG_7148.JPG
IMG_7149.JPG
Pros: it is gorgeous
Cons: it is expensive and it is kind of busy (not my words but I can see why my husband and friend think that).

OR
I could buy both these (I already have the speedy b 25 in monogram and the Neverfull in DE).
IMG_7155.JPG
IMG_7154.JPG
Pros: both are very practical and I will use them a lot
Cons: I will buy them anyway sooner or later ;)

I need help to choose between some bags.

Background: I have plenty of bags and have no need for any of these. But, well you know, bags :heart:

My SA had this bag on hold for me. I saw it today and have until Friday to decide if I want it or not.
View attachment 4406398
View attachment 4406399
View attachment 4406400
Pros: it is gorgeous
Cons: it is expensive and it is kind of busy (not my words but I can see why my husband and friend think that).

OR
I could buy both these (I already have the speedy b 25 in monogram and the Neverfull in DE).
View attachment 4406406
View attachment 4406404
Pros: both are very practical and I will use them a lot
Cons: I will buy them anyway sooner or later ;)
You already answered your own question.

Reactions: Sugartats
The 1st bag is busy but beautiful. I think the “busy” is emphasized by your print shirt in the modeling shot. With the right outfit, this bag could look phenomenal. I guess it depends how much use you want to get out of a bag at that price point. An occasional one? Or any everyday one? It is a special bag.

Neverfulls & Speedys will probably always be around.

Reactions: Kmora
Buying for your actual or your imagined lifestyle? Do you have uses for the fancy small bag in your real life? I love the trunks pieces but they are definitely a specialty. Are you feeling practical or in need of a little bijou?
I have use for any bag ;) Small crossbody bags I normally wear for work together with a tote or backpack. The small bag is for easy access to my essentials and the bigger bag fits my computer and other bulky things.

I don’t see the trunk clutch as a fancy bag, I see it as a normal croasbody bag. And the strap could be switched for a pochette metis strap (I have it in both mono and reverse).

Speedy b 25 is probably the bag and size I use the least even if it is the most practical for me haha (I have two small children).

The 1st bag is busy but beautiful. I think the “busy” is emphasized by your print shirt in the modeling shot. With the right outfit, this bag could look phenomenal. I guess it depends how much use you want to get out of a bag at that price point. An occasional one? Or any everyday one? It is a special bag.

Neverfulls & Speedys will probably always be around.

Yeah, might be, but both husband and friend reacted on the picture without me and my clothes ;)

I don’t want to get anything in particular from a bag in that price point. I could definitely use it daily (but have many bags that I rotate). And I might use it for dinners out (like twice a year hahaha). So it will most likely be used for work or shopping sprees ;)

I loved the Koons collection but never bought the Neverfull (which I wanted) since I see totes as work bags and they are hard to be really careful with. But the trunk clutch is very easy to care for since it is a small crossbody bag and I don’t see the same problem with this bag.

Buying for your actual or your imagined lifestyle? Do you have uses for the fancy small bag in your real life? I love the trunks pieces but they are definitely a specialty. Are you feeling practical or in need of a little bijou?

I agree with this. I feel like these choices are on the opposite sides of the spectrum. Isn’t there something more in the middle, a little less blingy than the petite malle but less utilitarian than a neverfull?

I agree with this. I feel like these choices are on the opposite sides of the spectrum. Isn’t there something more in the middle, a little less blingy than the petite malle but less utilitarian than a neverfull?

Haha I know! :biggrin: they are not comparable and very much the opposites. But I think that explains my style. I am a mom that works in office with a background as a punk rocker and then later a metal head :smile: I do edgy, I do dressed up and I do practical. I don’t do pink or orange but love every other colour :smile:

I have a lot of handbags and as I mentioned I really don’t need any more. So my question is mostly if the trunk clutch is nice enough to buy?

If you don't need the bag, I'd go with the speedy OR neverfull because they are considerably less expensive. I totally understand not needing a bag, but having an itch to make another purchase. Have you considered an alma bb? Perhaps that is something in the middle of the spectrum.

What about other LV items? Shoes, jewelry, wallets, SLGs? Perhaps you'd like the front row sneakers. :graucho:

If the Speedy B 25 is your least used bag, I certainly wouldn't go for another one, unless what makes you not use it much is the print.
The first bag is very beautiful. Even though I'm a Neverfull and Speedy B girl through and through, if you can find use for the first bag and have the funds to afford it, I'd say go for it.

If you don't need the bag, I'd go with the speedy OR neverfull because they are considerably less expensive. I totally understand not needing a bag, but having an itch to make another purchase. Have you considered an alma bb? Perhaps that is something in the middle of the spectrum.

What about other LV items? Shoes, jewelry, wallets, SLGs? Perhaps you'd like the front row sneakers. :graucho:

Haha I just bought the frontrow sneakers today actually! :smile: I also have the jewellery I want and the shawls. I have too many LV wallets and SLGs [emoji56] I have all the SLGs I want from LV (might want a victorine and a TP26, but will wait before I buy those).

I do have an Alma BB in blueberry epi and it is really not my favourite style so I will not buy a second one. The trunk clutch is much more me.

The LV bags on top of my list are (no particular order): Trunk clutch, speedy b 25 DE, NF in mono and DA, Palm Springs PM and Keepall b 45 in macassar. Other than that I have the ones I want more or less. I mean, there are several that I like and enjoy looking at but they are not really my style. I have been thinking about pochette metis in Empreinte also (I have one in reverse).

If the Speedy B 25 is your least used bag, I certainly wouldn't go for another one, unless what makes you not use it much is the print.
The first bag is very beautiful. Even though I'm a Neverfull and Speedy B girl through and through, if you can find use for the first bag and have the funds to afford it, I'd say go for it.

I love my speedy b 25 and it is not my least used bag, but I use it less than totes and small/mini crossbody bags. I would use it more in DE since we have a lot of bad weather in Sweden and I am a little bit afraid of all the vachetta even though it probably has enough patina now.

I love my speedy b 25 and it is not my least used bag, but I use it less than totes and small/mini crossbody bags. I would use it more in DE since we have a lot of bad weather in Sweden and I am a little bit afraid of all the vachetta even though it probably has enough patina now.
Oh, I see, I think I misunderstood it. The Speedy B in DE seems to be a good choice then. Well, since you're probably going to buy the NF and the Speedy at some point anyway, go with what makes you happier now. :smile:

Haha I just bought the frontrow sneakers today actually! :smile: I also have the jewellery I want and the shawls. I have too many LV wallets and SLGs [emoji56] I have all the SLGs I want from LV (might want a victorine and a TP26, but will wait before I buy those).

I do have an Alma BB in blueberry epi and it is really not my favourite style so I will not buy a second one. The trunk clutch is much more me.

The LV bags on top of my list are (no particular order): Trunk clutch, speedy b 25 DE, NF in mono and DA, Palm Springs PM and Keepall b 45 in macassar. Other than that I have the ones I want more or less. I mean, there are several that I like and enjoy looking at but they are not really my style. I have been thinking about pochette metis in Empreinte also (I have one in reverse).

:lol: I love that you got the front row sneakers today!! I'm considering them, let me know how you like them. It sounds like a tough decision for you on the bags, so perhaps just plan to get all the bags on your list, but space them out so you keep that excitement of having something new.