Help with new purchase?

Pebzilla

Apr 3, 2015
I have decided it's time for a new bag, and I trend towards LV overall, so I thought I'd start here. I think I might be too picky, here's what I'm looking for:

A medium/large-ish bag. My current favorite is a Totally MM and that's a good size for me, although I'm open to something even larger. I'm 5'10 and I carry around a lot of stuff for my 2 little boys, work, etc.

MUST have: top zipper and external pockets. The pockets could be zipped or open, but I need an easy way to get to my phone and work badge. I need the security of the top zipper because I travel some, and I had a bad experience with a pick-pocket and my NF.

Must NOT have: 2 handles. Well, I'm good if one is longer than the other and I could potentially wear it cross-body, but I don't want 2 tote handles.

I'm open to buying something new or pre-loved. I really like the shape of the Artsy, Galliera and Delightful. I don't think I care what the material is...my experience is that LV is the most durable bag, and that's important to me. DH says to just get another Totally, but I really would like to try something different - plus, it kind of screams "baby bag" to me, and I'd like to get away from that.

So, how about it? Am I being impossible? (It wouldn't be the first time) :biggrin:

Thanks!
Pebz

umamanikam

O.G.
Aug 14, 2006
UK
Why don't you check Iena mm .Only thing is it has two handles like the totally .Its lightweight .

lvoe nyc

Mar 25, 2013
The totally is being discontinued.
The Iena is very pretty and similar.
The bags you mentioned are all hobos, with no zipper. The duomo is a hobo with a zipper, but no outside pocket.

Julk19

May 3, 2017
I agree with comments above - you say you want zipper but the bags you mentioned are all hobos that are slouchy and don't have a zipper. I'd say go for a hobo - I like variety. Go for one of the bags you mentioned or Melie is a nice hobo, my fave. Delightful is a classic, artsy - pros and cons, don't like the handle, it digs in.

Pebzilla

Apr 3, 2015
Thanks for the feedback! I looked at the Iena, but with two handles it feels like another tote. I love the idea of a hobo with a top zipper, but I don't think LV is making anything like that right now.

Good to know about the Artsy handle digging in. I tried one on but it was empty.

Thanks!
Pebz

Purseloco

Older and Wiser
O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
United States
Duomo Hobo! I know you said you had a bad experience with pick pocket, but I wouldn't exclude the Delightful. I feel safe with this bag due to the top folding over, and I do travel a lot. Also the Delightful mm inner pocket is big enough to put a full sized wallet. However I respect your feelings. If you were to consider this bag I would say the MM would be a good size for you as it is about the same as the Neverfull in size. Otherwise I would wait and see what LV comes out in the future, also you could consider the Speedy B 30 or 35. Good Luck!

Reactions: LadyNik

Loulouuk

O.G.
Apr 27, 2009
LV Land
As you mentioned you are willing to go the pre-loved route. I would recommend the Evora. I love it. Has two handles but doesn't seem like a tote to me.