Help with new purchase!

sss12

Apr 26, 2019
I currently own a Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene. I don't have a lot of money to invest in LV bags, but I have £1000 in savings which I am looking to buy my next designer purchase with. I have looked at other bags and brands (Gucci Disco, Marmont Camera Mini, YSL Lou Lou) etc. but something keeps drawing me back to Louis Vuitton.

I'm thinking of the Alma BB as it has the crossbody strap. I was also thinking about buying the Speedy 25 in Damier Azur, but don't know if I'd be better off investing in a completely different style considering I already have a speedy - also unsure of my thoughts on the bandouliere.

Very exciting! A growing collection. It always starts with one bag.

I am probably the only person who actually prefers the speedy 30 over the bandoliere styles or any other size. I can appreciate crossbody to have your hands free on those days when you need it but there’s just something about that classic silhouette. If you purchase another speedy i would think it should be the mono in 25. Azur crossbody could equal trouble with color transfer......

Having said that, your next bag should really depend on your lifestyle,

Alma BB is cute and that strap will be helpful, as you can wear it on shoulder, crossbody or handheld.

Pochette Accessories is an excellent choice, if you can find it. It can be worn on shoulder, looped on wrist and held by hand, a catchall in a bigger bag or add a long strap for crossbody, etc.

I personally think everyone should have one Neverfull. It comes with a pouch now which you can use as a wristlet for running errands, etc. you can throw everyone and everything in one. I use mine for shopping on road trips and since I recently got water stains on one, I’m going to be using one as the airplane personal carry-on item to toss everything in. I have taking mine to the pool. I have taking Mine to the beach. Etc. I owned LV bags for over ten years before buying my first Neverfull. I also use it for work. Dumb.

I have an Alma in Vernis that I haven’t used in at least 6 years and I wanted it for so long.

I like the Favorite but that is hard to find.

Felicie is another option, as you can wear it multiple ways by changing the strap.

Not sure if the DA neo noe is in your price, but the Azur with that light pink is beautiful for spring and summer!!

I hope this gives you some insight to make your decision. Check out the clubhouses to on the bags that make your heart sing. Our community is amazing for information and feedback!

Honestly though, listen to your heart. Whichever makes your heart sing the loudest is what you should get!

Thank you for such a comprehensive reply!

I honestly do too, my DA Speedy is my pride and joy and I favour it over all of my other handbags. I think I'm looking at the Alma BB as I have other brand bags which are all shoulder or top handle and i want something i can throw my phone, cash and keys in and wear cross-body.

I do always look at the neverfull, when I bought my speedy it was a toss up between the two, specifically due to the pochette you get with it! I have been trying to get my hands on a Mini Pochette in DA for around 7 months now with no luck!

I've looked at the Neo Noe, and it's just not my style - for some reason I can't get away with it!

Also, my nearest LV store is 2 hours away so I can't always go in and try things, even though I do have contact details for a CA over there.

I've been exploring other cross body bags from other brands, but something pulls me back to the Alma BB every time :smile: Plus I could get the key holder/tag heat stamped next time i'm near a store!

I honestly do too, my DA Speedy is my pride and joy and I favour it over all of my other handbags. I think I'm looking at the Alma BB as I have other brand bags which are all shoulder or top handle and i want something i can throw my phone, cash and keys in and wear cross-body.

I do always look at the neverfull, when I bought my speedy it was a toss up between the two, specifically due to the pochette you get with it! I have been trying to get my hands on a Mini Pochette in DA for around 7 months now with no luck!

I've looked at the Neo Noe, and it's just not my style - for some reason I can't get away with it!

Also, my nearest LV store is 2 hours away so I can't always go in and try things, even though I do have contact details for a CA over there.

I've been exploring other cross body bags from other brands, but something pulls me back to the Alma BB every time :smile: Plus I could get the key holder/tag heat stamped next time i'm near a store![/QUOTE

Sounds like Alma bb is the winner! I can hear your heart singing!!!!

It’s a great choice!!

Reactions: sss12

I've been exploring other cross body bags from other brands, but something pulls me back to the Alma BB every time :smile: Plus I could get the key holder/tag heat stamped next time i'm near a store!
And I have a great sa in the us eho Has found me hard pieces! Happy to pass her name if you want it just pm me

If you are looking for something smaller (like Alma bb) I would also take a look at Pochette Mylockme chain which could potentially be worn crossbody depending on your height etc.
I have a speedy B in 30 DE and I love it, can’t think to take any other of my bags when I leave the house as it’s so versatile, however the DA I think it’s not meant to be for that bag (and I was ultimately looking at the DA St Tropez NF when I decided to get my speedy B, I think my bf still hates me for not buying the NF).

You have something casual, so I'd go for something smaller and dressier. The Favorite would be my choice if you can get hold of it. I use it without strap or for more casual the 16mm mono strap for cross body. I have the Alma BB but I've only used it once, even though I love the look on others.

I have 2 speedy 30, they were among the very first designer bags I purchased over 15 years ago, before the Bandouliere version what available. I purchased the Damier Ebene speedy at Christmas and 6 months later I purchased the Damier Azur. I still carry them to this day despite having added many many other designer bags to my collection. What is great about the speedy is that it is a timeless bag, it has been relevant for years, and will be relevant for years to come. If your are looking to spend money on bags and want the most long lasting bang for your buck, go for the speedy, alma (also a classic) or splurge on a Chanel classic flap. They will all stand the test of time and maintain value, more so than the other bags on your list.

Thank you everyone! I do think I'm settled on the Alma BB in Damier... still having thoughts about mono but don't have any vachetta items at the moment, and unsure if I'm a fan of the dark patina it can turn.

Unfortunately, both are out of stock online now. I'm heading to Leeds on Wednesday and when I spoke with Client Services they had a few in stock - hoping they will still be there for me to check out!

IMO you can't go wrong with the Alma BB in DE, its such a versatile little bag. I got mine nearly 2 months ago and have been using it non stop. It looks great worn casually and I'm planning on wearing it to a wedding this Friday. The only con I can find with it though is, I had to get a smaller purse. I have a Mulberry medium size purse and found it took up a lot of room in the Alma. So I decided to get a DE key pouch to use with it. And that works fabulously. If they have one instock you could get both with your £1000 budget. Hope that helps and good luck. Look forward to seeing your reveal.

Back in stock online but really wanting one to be in store on Wednesday.. they had a few in last week when I called CS. I would order online for store collection but it wouldn’t arrive by the time I go! I’m pretty sure I’m settled on it would still love to see it in person first though. Am I being silly?!