Help with new Hermes

lina girl

Jun 2, 2007
Hi, I've been seriously thinking about getting a Hermes. My DF and I went to the Hermes store here and they had a Blue Jean Birkin (that's the blue color right?) and they had a bunch of other Birkins and Kellys. I fell in love with the Blue Jean and it's a Togo (that's the one with the pebble looking leather right?). Anyways, the price was good only 7K plus some change but I'm torn because I would like a color like orange or red. OBTW, I was going to get a scarve today but couldn't make it but the selection is incredible and don't know which to get. The SA I made friends with also gave me booklets on the scarves and I asked him if he had more Birkins in the back and he said yes. I think he took pity on me because I was like a kid in the candy store and he had fun with me. i'm a Hermes virgin. He gave me his card and told me to call him anytime if I was ready to purchase. LOL, Lovely ladies what do I get?

wow, that's great that they had such a huge selection of birkins and kellys. what H location is this? I think you should call the SA and ask if the birkins he had in the back were in the orange or red famiy first before you decide.

My DF and I went to the Hermes store here and they had a Blue Jean Birkin (that's the blue color right?) and they had a bunch of other Birkins and Kellys.
and I asked him if he had more Birkins in the back and he said yes.

Oh my, I should get on a flight right now - great weather, gorgeous beaches, beautiful aloha spirit AND an H stocked with all those goodies??

lina girl, you have H heaven right in your neighbourhood, you lucky girl!
I think you should go with what makes your heart skip a beat - that will always be the right choice. If you settle, you will keep hankering for the one you really want. Good luck, I hope you find her soon!:smile:

Thanks. I got some pms from other people to check what they have. I'll report here tomorrow. No kidding though they HAD THE PURSES there. I think a classic color would do me well since 'ahem' I'm a 'ahem" a little older?
No offense intended for anyone by that remark.

Lina Girl, what size are you looking at? I think for your first birkin, follow what you would do in choosing your DH...choose what makes your heart flutter...don't settle!! :roflmfao::roflmfao:

Ask your lovely SA and get what you want. Everyone can be partial to one type of red or orange. There are quite a few reds, so perhaps he can show you some accesories that are in that color...or perhaps other bags. Also the reference threads here are incredible.

Good luck! I cannot wait to see what you will get. When you hold her in your hands, you will just know

lina girl: Oh wow, a bunch of Birkins and Kellys! That doesn't happen often at the stores where I am at. I love Blue Jean and Orange. Both of them are quite a striking color.

Whatever color you choose, you can't go wrong if it makes your heart sings when you look at it :yes:.

You gotta go for what you love...but keep in mind sometimes that path will lead you to something else that you may love even more...keep your eyes and heart open..Best of luck :o)

Sounds like a great place to shop!! How lucky! You know what colors you prefer...and you just don't want to settle because no matter what, it's a bit of money and you should have what you truly love...believe me I have learned after going through a few colors (and selling) to get to what I want...nobody else can really tell you what is right for you! Good luck and enjoy the hunt!

Sounds like a great place to shop!! How lucky! You know what colors you prefer...and you just don't want to settle because no matter what, it's a bit of money and you should have what you truly love...believe me I have learned after going through a few colors (and selling) to get to what I want...nobody else can really tell you what is right for you! Good luck and enjoy the hunt!

Very sage advice!:tup: