Help with my skin!! Gals with sensitive skin r/o

I have similar issues with my skin. I wash with Cetaphil bar soap and apply Cetaphil cream twice a day. At night I put Mario Badescu drying lotion on pimples as needed.

I agree that the best thing to do is just leave it alone. The more products I use to "fix" it, the more it just goes nuts. I was having acne issues about 2 months ago and I tried everything. Finally, I just gave up and went back to Cetaphil. That's when my skin finally calmed down...

Your skin sounds like mine--it's so frustrating. As several have suggested, try Cetaphil gentle cleanser. It's what my dermatologist recommended. He also recommended Purpose moisturizer.

It's so hard to refrain from touching my skin, but I know that messes it up.

I've heard from many people, including a dermatologist, that those with sensitive skin should avoid Clinique products.

^ I've had SEVERE allergic reactions to Clinique before. When I used Turnaround cream it felt like my face was burning off of my skull and my eyes swelled shut. :wtf: I had to take benadryl and lay down ice packs on my face for a couple hours until the swelling went down. I haven't touched Clinique since then :nogood:

Aveeno moisturizer is good for sensitive skin, such as their Positively Radiant line or Ultra-Calming line. It's especially good because they make day creams with SPF.

I highly recommend... The Body Shop's Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser. I really like it. It's extra-gentle and has no fragrance. It's a creamy cleanser. They make a whole line of Aloe products that are for sensitive skin. I will continue to use this for a long time!

My skin is sensitive and I use Murad Night Perfecting Cream at night. I have had good luck with this one, it moisturizes very well, it has a nice texture, and anti-aging properties, but it may not be good if you have EXTREMELY sensitive skin because it has some vitamins in it.

As for the old standby, I would recommend anything from Cetaphyl, such as their facial cleanser and moisturizer. Those are very gentle and do the trick for basic skincare.

do you know if this is a soap-free cleanser? also how well does it remove make up? I LOVE aloe based products!e

Yes, it's soap free!!! I am very, very, very picky!!! I was psyched to find this. It removes my make up and I use long-last makeup that is budge-proof. I do use a separate eye make-up remover, though. It does not strip your face at all, it doesn't feel dry. Aloe is one of the first few ingredients in it, as well! All the properties of aloe remain in tact in the cleanser the way they make it.

Store link

Yes, it's soap free!!! I am very, very, very picky!!! I was psyched to find this. It does not strip your face at all, it doesn't feel dry. Aloe is one of the first few ingredients in it, as well! All the properties of aloe remain in tact in the cleanser the way they make it.
woohoo!! im going to try this when I run out of my normal cleanser!!! thanks for the heads up! :yahoo:

You're welcome! :smile:

Here's what the site says about the calming cleanser:

A mild and creamy soap-free cleansing lotion. Leaves the skin feeling soft, supple and smooth. Comforting and calming on sensitive skin. Dermatogically approved and clinically proven as suitable for sensitive skin.

One more added note: You can go to the actual store and ask them for a sample of it to try out. That's what I did and they made me a little sample of it when I first found it, so you can see if it works well for your make up. They also make a foaming cleanser that may be stronger. But I've always felt that it cleaned my face well.

The biggest thing I've done to help my sensitive skin is to completely eliminate any products with salycilic acid and sodium laureth sulfate in them. Sodium laureth sulfate is a lathering agent that is in a TON of stuff including shampoos and toothpastes. Of course I can't do without shampoo but I make sure I rinse my body and face very thoroughly after coming into contact with shampoo. Also I noticed lots of breakouts on my chin and realized that sometimes slopping toothpaste there was causing the problem.

I use LaRoche Posay Toleraine's skin care line. The foaming cleanser is really good and does not irritate my skin. It is pricey but a little goes a long way so it lasts forever. I purchase mine in Canada where it is a little bit cheaper.

http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?pid=374

I also use Neutrogena dry touch sunscreen. My skin is oily, sensitive and I have rosacea, so I have to be careful about ANY chemicals.

When I need moisture especially around my eyes I use a tiny bit of La Mer cream in that area. For those who swear by Cetaphil cleanser, be careful. It's loaded with sodium laureth sulfate as well.

I second this - my skin is pretty sensitive as well and LaRoche Posay's Toleriane line has been a godsend!

try Cetaphil cleanser it really works for me and it doesn't dry out my skin
i got this from their website:

Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser is great for daily makeup removal or as part of a skin care regimen to treat the dryness caused by topical medications used in the treatment of acne, fine lines and wrinkles. Originally formulated for dermatologists, it is gentle on your skin and sensitive to your skin’s needs. Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser will not strip the skin of natural protective oils or emollients, or disturb the skin’s natural pH balance. It is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic, making it an excellent choice for daily facial cleansing.

^ITA! :tup:

I've used both Cetaphil Cleanser and Mosturizing Lotion for the past seven years due to my sensitive skin. My skin is easily irriatated with certain products that contain alcohol and oil residue formulas. I went to a dozen dermos and this is all they recommend. I highly recommend Cetaphil. I would stay away from 'brand name' products since they sell on the name and not the ingredients. Neutrogena is another brand I'm not too fond about. The oil-free cleanser dried the heck out of my skin.

thank you everyone - I've begun using a mix of cetaphil/johnson's head to toe (which is identical to purpose sensitive cleanser) and Jurlique's Calendula cream So far my skin seems to be calming down - will see what happens from here.