Help with my new Kooba

LeahCC

Dec 9, 2006
K so I just got my new Meredith today and I have a little trepidation. I bought it brand new and I can't help but feel it isn't in the impeccable condition that I expected. So I need yall's help to tell me if my expectations were too high. The problem I'm having mostly is with the strap. I took a couple of pictures showing what looks like a darkish blue splotch on the middle of the handle. Also, one panel (left) of leather seems more wrinkly than the others and thinner. I don't know if these are things that can be treated with leather treatment or if I should just take it back and exchange it. Let me know what you think..

Thanks!

Leah

Attachments

• DSCF7458.jpg
    DSCF7458.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF7459.jpg
    DSCF7459.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF7460.jpg
    DSCF7460.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF7465.jpg
    DSCF7465.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF7467.jpg
    DSCF7467.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 71
Leah, I don't know what the spot is on the strap. It looks like a rub mark.

As far as the wrinkled leather. That is a normal leather variation. Some bags have more than others. I returned one bag because of that. The whole back of the bag was heavily wrinkled and it looked out of place. However Kooba says this is a natural variation and it can be expected. The amount of wrinkling you have seems pretty minimal to me but I can see how it bothers some. Not all parts of the cow have the same skin, so it's not something that is a flaw. The spot is another issue. Where did you get the bag from. I'd ask for an exchange of another Meredith.

Leah, I don't know what the spot is on the strap. It looks like a rub mark.

As far as the wrinkled leather. That is a normal leather variation. Some bags have more than others. I returned one bag because of that. The whole back of the bag was heavily wrinkled and it looked out of place. However Kooba says this is a natural variation and it can be expected. The amount of wrinkling you have seems pretty minimal to me but I can see how it bothers some. Not all parts of the cow have the same skin, so it's not something that is a flaw. The spot is another issue. Where did you get the bag from. I'd ask for an exchange of another Meredith.

I got it at Neiman's so there won't be a problem with exchanging it.. It just makes me sad cause it's my first designer bag and I was so excited and had to wait for them to ship it to me and now I'll have to wait some more. :sad: Do you think I should try to treat it first or would that null the return?

treat it and they might not take it back... so probably not. i saw flaw in m kooba for a while till i realized what a good:love: bag it is, and just used the hell out it. no excuse on the blue spot on the strap, though. i hope you enjoy the next one they send you!

I don't think your expectations were too high for a brand new bag. If you're not happy with it, either exchange or return it. I wouldn't keep a new bag with a stain on it. It would be a different story if you bought it on ebay and knew it had a stain (and got it for a good $)!

If you don't adore it and will constantly think of those imperfections, send it back. Don't settle! You ordered a new bag and it should be perfect.

Yea I'm fer sure gunna return it. Makes me sad, though.. I was so excited. Ah well. Hopefully the next one will be perfect. Thanks for all your feedback. It really helped me with my decision.

I have a Meredith in Luggage and mine is kind of banged up too. I stressed over it because it was the only one they had and I wanted it THEN. The salesman tried to convince me that this is typical with this kind of leather (blah blah blah) which is true but doesn't mean I don't expect my new bag to be perfect. I say send it back!

Oops, just saw that you did. Good for you!

PS - I LOVE the slate color~!

I just found this post - I recd my slate gray Meredith today, and after looking it over in a brighter light, I noticed several places where the leather is "spotted" - similar to the left side of the bag shown on this post (the side thats more wrinkled) - I have a feeling that this is part of the lambs skin and that you're going to find this variation on every bag. I could be wrong, but I have the same spotting along one end of the bag and the bottom corner. In addition, there are several places where the leather is creased. I also had a couple of small spots on the handle, but a leather conditioner smoothed them right out (it did NOT however, smooth out in the body of the bag and/or the creases).

The tag that comes w/the bag describes how there may be variations in the texture and/or color of the leather - I take this to mean that this spotting is a natural process and doesn't necessarily mean the bag's damaged (perhaps this happens more often with softer lamb leather than calf leather)

No no. I say return it. If you love the style to death, exchange it. If not, move on. There's a difference in "inherent variations" and weird spots/stains.....