Help with my 1st LV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasaf

Jun 15, 2009
I just found out my BFF is going to Paris this week and she offered to buy me my 1st LV. Now I have little time to decide and need your help.

I'm a 32 yrs old lawyer, 5'3", 110lbs. Although I have a 1yr old baby, I'm used to carrying a handbag around. My current everyday bag is a Coach Hamptons Signature Tote in Khaki (a handbag).

Since this will be my first LV and my everyday bag, I am thinking either a Speedy (25 or 30 for my size?) or a Palermo PM.

Although I love the Speedy and plan to own it in the future anyway, I'm more inclined to purchase the Palermo now, bc of my age and job, and bc I see too many fake Speedys around, which is sorta annoying.

What do you think?

Many thanks!

Princessdiamond

Punjabi Princess
Aug 2, 2009
Birmingham (ENGLAND)
Do U know about Vachetta & how the leather patinas & the bag starts to look different? if you don't mind that , than we can discuss monogram pieces, otherwise damier is more child/stain friendly.

pasaf

Jun 15, 2009
Yes, I'm aware of the vachetta issues but I think I'll go with mono anyway, I love it.

Princessdiamond

Punjabi Princess
Aug 2, 2009
Birmingham (ENGLAND)
ok...than I would say palermo or cabas piano/mezo (stunning bags) are great because you can put all your work related documents, as well as use it when going out with toddler. Universal and multi-functional.
Speedys are good when children are bit older, I would say.

missmegan

♥PoppyDog♥
Jun 30, 2009
I think the palermo would be the best.....Speedy's are not expensive so they are easier to pick up anytime.

lvuittonaddict

$ Doesn't Buy Class
O.G.
Sep 23, 2007
DMV
palermo. its better because you can wear it multiple ways and with a 1 yr old, i think you need that

pasaf

Jun 15, 2009
Aprilmay, although I love the Damier Azur, I'll go with mono this time since this will be my first LV (but I dream of a Speedy Azur for later on). I love the Neverfull and have seriously considered it, but I think Palermo is more elegant to use with paintsuits and tailleurs, which is my everyday look for work. I think Damier NF would be my perfect weekend bag.

Ooops, my wishlist is growing by the minute... LOL

kylienarak

I <3 Chanel
O.G.
Sep 30, 2008
CA, U.S.A.
^^ Sounds like u already LVoe the Palermo... and maybe u can get Azur in speedy or NF later when it comes out ;)

p.s. I luv Azur too hehehe

And welcome to LV's World... hint: it never ends... more bags on the list LOL :P

sophiae

Bang Tidy!
O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
six feet under the stars
Ooops, my wishlist is growing by the minute... LOL

LOL that tends to happen with LV.
Having said that, I have the Speedy (actually, I have a few of them LOL) and love the style. However, I also really like the look of the Palermo. I think as a first LV, a Speedy would be a good choice. That's just my opinion, though. Keep us posted on what you decide! :smile:

Cari284

Jul 9, 2009
Europe
The Palermo is a good choice! You can buy the Speedy later on, it's not that expencive! But I would absolutely not buy the 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.