Tech Help with Mozilla Firefox please

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. For some reason, my desktop computer which has always run firefox is not recognizing it. This just started last night, whenever we try to go on and go to any web page, it says "page not loading", but if I try to do the same thing with internet explorer, it finds it just fine. We always use firefox, I don't understand what happened! I ran all the virus programs and it found nothing, and firefox is working just fine on my netbook which I am on now, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox on the desktop computer and still the same problem. It's almost like something is blocking firefox from accessing the web but I can't figure out what, no, i do not have a firewall on that computer.

Any thoughts?

2. Uninstall, then reinstall. When you uninstall, it will ask you if you want to delete user info...don't do that.
    After uninstall, use IE to download Firefox and install as usual.

3. Thanks Charles, after looking around more I found that somehow my McAfee firewall was blocking Firefox. I think my husband who is not so great with computers fiddled with something he shouldn't have, all is well now

4. Then there's that. ;)

I was just having problems with it opening, so I uninstalled and reinstalled....works fine now.