Help with J Brand and C/E

papertrees

O.G.
May 6, 2011
Hi!
These jeans are not available where I live, so I had to order them from the U.S.
My waist is around 31-32" and my hips are 36-39".

My problem is that I ordered J Brand size 29 and Current and Elliot 29 as well (only because I believe that U.S. sizing is somehow larger than sizes here).
Now I'm in a bit of a panic because I fear these won't fit me.

I read that C/E jeans run big, but J Brand runs small. Is this true? I have never tried any of these brands before.

Can anyone give me some advice?

I hope these fit, or I'll have to sell them :confused1::confused1::confused1:

C/E runs big in their boyfriend styles. Their skinny styles are true to size, I believe. But these jeans do stretch a lot when you use them, so even if it's a little tight at the beginning, wear them a few times and they should fit you fine.

J brands runs around the same as 7 for all mankind, so if you have those jeans in 29, then the Jbrand you ordered will fit you.

The main factors that will determine your fit on the jeans you ordered are: Did you pick a boyfriend or a skinny cut, and how do you like your jeans to fit? If boyfriend style these should both fit fine. If skinny jeans, they might be a bit tight at the start, but if you like that true skinny look, then you'll be fine.

In the end, you have to wait and see how they feel when they arrive.

Sorry, I can't tell you if they'll fit. There's no way to guess, really. You will only know if they fit comfortably when you try them on.
My measurements are different from yours and I can't guess how they'll sit on you. It depends completely on the cut of the styles you chose and the material (do they have elastane for stretch or are they 100% stiff cotton?).

If it helps at all, I'm 24" waist and 32" hips. In C/E boyfriend styles, I can wear 24 and they'd be loose. In their skinny style, I wear 26 to have it a little loose (extra 1.5" around my waist and hips), because I don't like my jeans skin tight.

For J Brand, Frame Denim, Hudson Jeans and 7 for all mankind, I wear a 27 in every style, even the skinny jeans. They are baggy without being too baggy, giving me a comfortable extra inch around my waist, hips and thighs. My true size would be 25-26, I think.
Jean fit is a very personal thing because we are all unique. Other people would never size up in their jeans because they are most comfortable in their actual size, but to me the correct size would feel restricting. The only way to know is to wear them yourself.

Don't stress about it too much. :smile:
If they are too big, a tailor can take them in for very little cost. If they are a little too tight, they will stretch with use. If they are really too small, you can sell them and then next time you will know your size.

If you have time, visit the nordstrom rack website and look at the jeans there. There's a size calculator. You choose a brand you have used before and the size you wear in that brand, and it will tell you the size you need in other brands. So if you find the 29 in J Brand is correct when it arrives, check what your size is in other brands from there before you order any jeans next time, that way you'll likely get the correct size.

I hope that helps a bit.

Thank you!

Okay, I'll relax a bit but honestly, I think I will sell the pans since I dont think they will fit.
So I texted a friend of mine who loves Jbrand jeans. She said her hips are 38" and she wears a 28-30 in Jbrand, depending on the cut of the jeans. She said they usually have elastane so they are stretchy and comfortable. So, I think they'll fit you fine. :smile:
Either way, you'll find out once you have them and then the next time you order, it will be really easy. :smile:

Thank you for taking the extra step of sending your friend an SMS. I feel more confident now that I have the info you relayed to me.

I feel more confident now. Thank you so much!

No problem. I could sense that you were really tense and I wanted to help somehow. :smile:

I know when you spend a lot on something you can't see or try on, it can be very stressful. However, you need to relax about this.
Even if they're not the perfect size, jeans can be altered to be made a little tighter or a little looser, so there's no need to stress in either case.
My local tailor makes alterations on the hem, the width of the whole leg (when they're too big, he makes the leg narrower) and the waist for $10-20. Any tailor can make simple alterations, so don't worry.

I really advise do you try the fit predictor on the Nordstrom Rack site. It has always been accurate for me. Pick any brand of jeans and you'll find the link for the fit predictor on it. Just enter the size of any other brand you tried before and it will tell you what size you need in the new brand. Super helpful.

I hope they fit you perfectly when they arrive. Post an update please. It will help other people to figure out their size, I'm sure. :smile:

Last edited: