Help with green spots on my 2jours!

Dec 17, 2013
Dear all,
Today it is been really rainy in London, and therefor my orange 2jours has been affected. In one of the sides I noticed this green spots?
What shall I do? I'm so worried!

Attachments

authenticplease

O.G.
Jul 31, 2008
In My Own Little World
Not wanting to alarm you but I would be very worried too.....normally moisture(rain) + green spots on leather = mold or mildew! Do you have a trusted high end cobbler/leather repair you can consult with? There may be a thread in the hermes or coach sub forum that deals with these issues. They are always really busy over there!

I would think dealing with it now will hopefully resolve or prevent any more spots.

authenticplease

O.G.
Jul 31, 2008
In My Own Little World
Dear all,
Today it is been really rainy in London, and therefor my orange 2jours has been affected. In one of the sides I noticed this green spots?
What shall I do? I'm so worried!
I asked about this on another thead.....below is the one answer received so far.

I am not an authority, but I believe the rain has stained the leather. Many high end bags ( Hermes, LV vachetta, Mulberry ) are not waterproofed. You have to waterproof them then you get them home. Years ago I had a lowly Dooney & Bourke, first time I carried her it rained and the leather blistered. No way you can repair blistering either. For a hard leather ( Like Hermes ) you can use Blackrock & Obenauf treatment, for Mulberry bags, Colonil makes a waterproofing spray. To my eye because of the leather the Colonil spray should have probably been used. I am wondering if Lexol PH wipes can even out the coloring of the bag? I know there are leather care experts on other threads, so I would check with one of them. I don't believe it is mildew.

quackedup

O.G.
Jan 5, 2010
Sydney! AU
The image shows the leather still wet?
The darker shade might be just the water. Pat the leather dry, never leave water droplets on the leather. Let is air dry naturally. Usually it will dry and the darkness will go as well (unless the rain had drenched it, then it will be darker)

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I do not think this is a sign of mildew/mold, I think the water spots have discolored or reacted with dye components in the orange color pigment. You could send it to a leather spa once it dries or have it redyed by Fendi. So sorry.

crazybagfan

Jul 27, 2010
Oh good to hear that! So Fendi quality is great :smile: I have the same issue on my YSL muse 2, but the spots never disappear!