Help with Goyard color combos

joannedlred

Oct 13, 2020
Which color combination would you do?

1. White artois PM + gray or black St Louis PM
2. black Artois PM + gray St Louis PM
3. black Artois PM + white St Louis PM

I currently own a black artois PM but I’m drawn to white and gray as well if I can get all 3 I would but I told myself I only need 2 goyard bags.

Which do you think would be better in white? Artois or St Louis? I feel like the St Louis in white is chef’s kiss like the perfect summer bag but since it’s white it should be more reinforced esp at the corners hence, the artois. But I’m also considering the strap length. I think the artois would be better for colder months since it would fit nicely over a jacket bc of the longer straps so maybe the artois should be in a dark color? Please help a torn girl out thanks in advance

Hi, If I were you I would go with white St. Louis pm and use is as a summer/beach bag. Your black artois pm already covers formal occasions/colder months, why to get duplicate? and maybe get an slg in grey to satisfy the craving. By the way does can MacBook 14 inch fit into Artois pm? I’m considering getting it back don’t have shop near by.

Hi, If I were you I would go with white St. Louis pm and use is as a summer/beach bag. Your black artois pm already covers formal occasions/colder months, why to get duplicate? and maybe get an slg in grey to satisfy the craving. By the way does can MacBook 14 inch fit into Artois pm? I’m considering getting it back don’t have shop near by.
Thank you for the input. I really appreciate it! The 13” MacBook is snug so I’m not sure if the 14” will fit :sad:

Reactions: limonchello
I have the Artois MM in black. I initially planned to get the St. Louis PM in white but when I tried it on it looked a bit washed out on me so I went with the grey. I prefer the strap drop on the Artois but the St. Louis folds flat which is nice if you want to pack it. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of your options but I would suggest the St. Louis since you already have an Artois. As for color best if you can try on and decide in store.

I would keep the black artois pm and get the white St. Louis pm. I used to own the black/tan, grey, and white St. Louis totes in pm size. Even though the grey was my first love, I eventually sold it. I feel like the white fulfilled The same purpose in my wardrobe and it just looks so chic as compared to the grey. I feel the same way about the black and black/tan colors. The grey imo is neither here nor there…it looks just ok but can be worn during any season.

Reactions: joannedlred
I would keep the black artois pm and get the white St. Louis pm. I used to own the black/tan, grey, and white St. Louis totes in pm size. Even though the grey was my first love, I eventually sold it. I feel like the white fulfilled The same purpose in my wardrobe and it just looks so chic as compared to the grey. I feel the same way about the black and black/tan colors. The grey imo is neither here nor there…it looks just ok but can be worn during any season.
Hi. Thank you! I feel the same way about gray — I like that it can be worn any season. Do you feel like your white St Louis is durable enough? I won’t be carrying a laptop, just my kids’ iPads and other stuff. The only reason why I’m hesitant on the white is because they look pretty worn out on preloved sites

I have the Artois MM in black. I initially planned to get the St. Louis PM in white but when I tried it on it looked a bit washed out on me so I went with the grey. I prefer the strap drop on the Artois but the St. Louis folds flat which is nice if you want to pack it. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of your options but I would suggest the St. Louis since you already have an Artois. As for color best if you can try on and decide in store.
I wish I can try in store but we don’t have one in our country :sad: just asking a friend to buy for me so I want to be sure of the color. Do you feel like the gray matches easily with your clothes?

Hi. Thank you! I feel the same way about gray — I like that it can be worn any season. Do you feel like your white St Louis is durable enough? I won’t be carrying a laptop, just my kids’ iPads and other stuff. The only reason why I’m hesitant on the white is because they look pretty worn out on preloved sites
I have found the white color to be quite durable. I haven’t had any color transfer, dinginess or yellowing occur—which is what people complain about with white bags. I’ve had it for a couple of years. I don’t carry a lot with me but do occasionally carry an iPad and water bottle in addition to the essentials—keys, compact wallet, phone. The bag shows no signs of wear. I would go so far as saying if you want a white bag, this is the bag to get. If you plan on carrying two iPads around on a regular basis then the Artois or the Anjou may be a better choice.

I wish I can try in store but we don’t have one in our country :sad: just asking a friend to buy for me so I want to be sure of the color. Do you feel like the gray matches easily with your clothes?
Yes, I wear a lot of black, grey, navy. I live in New York and the grey is a great year round color. If I lived someplace sunnier I would go with sky blue or white.