Help with Galliera !!!

E-luxury

Aug 22, 2007
Hi Guys...does someomne have a really strong magnet on their Galliera? Did the magnets come strong in the first purses and weak in the newer ones? My magnet closes ok when the bag is not very full but once the bag is a bit full it pops by itself and won't stay in place...that has not been my experience with other magnets in other purses. I checked other Gallieras too and they seemed similar...is this normal or do you guys have a really strong magnet that stays in place even when the bag is a bit full?

Thanks.

The buckle in the stap is not engraved in mine...just the rings that hold the strap. Is the buckle supposed to be engraved? That worries me...I got my bag in LV in Hollywood...does anyone else have it engraved?

About the magnet...I was wondering...did they always come like that or were they strong at first? I head some people had problems with the magnet being too strong...unfortunately that's not my case...I wonder if I can find another Galliera with a strong magnet...but as I see you guys all have the same experience.

Last edited:
ok, mine isn't engraved either, but in the LV site it is. Even though I bought the bag at the LV store I couldn't hep but think my was defective! I don't mind the magnet, I actually think it looks better when it is open bc the shape is not so stiff. But if it bothers you so much maybe you could get the magnet replaced?

Mine is strong as well. Did anyway have any problems with keeping it clean? Mine is completely trashed and I have had it for only a few months.

I was just thinking the same thing... that I've only had my galliera for one week and the inside is dirty already. It's ok with me though, I don't mind it dirty. It just has some lint and odd specks of whatever and a faint black spot which I don't know what it is (maybe the leather from my sunglass case rubbing off). I think it just adds character. however, I am hoping I don't get the black marks from the brass ring like a few other people are getting. So far I haven't but I have had it only one week. Despite getting dirty, I wouldn't trade the micro lining for anything else, I just love how luxurious it feels.

Mine is strong as well. Did anyway have any problems with keeping it clean? Mine is completely trashed and I have had it for only a few months.

You might want to consider a purse liner to help keep the inside clean. I use them with all my bags. They keep me organized and my bag stays clean. The bag also holds its shape better. Here are some pics of the *purse to go* liner/organizer inside my Galliera PM:

Attachments

• GallieraContents 004.JPG
    GallieraContents 004.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 74
  • pursetogogalliera 006.JPG
    pursetogogalliera 006.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 68
  • pursetogogalliera 008.JPG
    pursetogogalliera 008.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 71
  • pursetogogalliera 009.JPG
    pursetogogalliera 009.JPG