Help with first cashmere GM

dumbo

O.G.
Jun 25, 2007
I would like some help from fellow tpf'ers. I want to buy my first GM cashmere shawl. I have shortlisted the choice to colletion equestre either pink or navy (the ones which Robee has) or Tours les Cles (not sure which colours this comes in). Which one would you buy?
TIA

I just got my first GM over the weekend...am so excited!!!:yahoo:

It was totally unintentional...I happened to be in my local H store and decided to look at the GMs available. I saw a couple but the colourways didn't really suit me and then I saw one peeking out from the back...it was the Tours les Cles that TankerToad posted in the thread (which shawl to go with Etoupe). The colours were so beautiful IRL I couldn't resist! Its a red, sandyish, greyish sort of colourway. Not quite sure how to describe it, but its a neutral colour and yet bright enough to have some ooomph! Definitely recommend it!

Good luck!

Any of those are beautiful choices. I would say it depends on if you're looking for a more colorful shawl --since les cles has so many colors--and collection equestre is predominately the background and silver/grey bit color.

try them all on and see which one appeals to you and the rest of your wardrobe. or get both :graucho:

We can't tell you what to buy. Do try them all on, see which cw suits your coloring and your clothes, and most of all, listen to your gut. If none of them feels right to you, don't get it. You need the *ding ding ding* feeling before you should get your first shawl.

Pink and green - that's what I'm afraid of! The modelling shots on tpf are so good I get a bit confused!

Lyanna Stark - I have to do mail order as I am too far from a store.

hi dumbo-I just purchased my first GM a few months ago. I went to my local H store, I did not see any GM's that appealed to me (of course the price also affected my desire for many years). Then after visiting the Ode to Cashmere shawl thread here on the forum, I selected a few for my wish list based on the wonderful photos people shared. I then called the customer service line on the H website, and the ladies there are so kind and helpful, they could tell me what stores carried the shawls I wanted (it helps to know the colorways in advance). I called the stores, and SA's were very helpful to look for my shawls, then I asked if they could take photos and e-mail to me (phone photos were fine, too). I described my coloring and preferences, received four to five color selections and various shawls to choose from. Once I received it, it was no problem if it did not work, to take them back to an H store for credit. Fortunately for me, my first shawl was the La Femme, because I wanted one that would work with many colors and my basic wardrobe is mainly black, gray and white when I wear scarves. I usually go for pops of color to accent my wardrobe. This is a fun process, and now that I have my beautiful shawl, I will treat myself to one that is nuetral/softer that will complement rather than contrast in the future. Just know what you desire from your shawl-the story of my shawl appealed greatly to me as many on the forum also found moving, or if the design speaks to you. This is ultimately the pleasure of enjoying the beautiful designs H offers. If you love it, you will wear it all the time! I wish you luck in finding the first, and may it give you great pleasure, as all the folks here on the forum will cheer you on when you have found it!:flowers:

Thanks everyone for your help the dh has made the decision for me! He wants me to get the collection equestre in light pink. I got married in this colour so I think he is a bit sentimental.

Thanks everyone for your help the dh has made the decision for me! He wants me to get the collection equestre in light pink. I got married in this colour so I think he is a bit sentimental.

Oh so sweet of your DH! Congrats in advance for you new shawl! Nothing beat buying H with DH's support!! You are one lucky girl;)

from my experience
seeing a shawl and trying it on is very very different thing altogather.
Some things look plain or nt attractive, might tie the most beautiful

I have the same experience today.
Don't judge by what u see, judge by how one looks when worn :biggrin:

Dumbo - i love CE, it is a design I thought not much of till I try it, and it's my favourite this season :biggrin:

from my experience
seeing a shawl and trying it on is very very different thing altogather.
Some things look plain or nt attractive, might tie the most beautiful

I have the same experience today.
Don't judge by what u see, judge by how one looks when worn :biggrin:

Dumbo - i love CE, it is a design I thought not much of till I try it, and it's my favourite this season :biggrin:

Couldn't have put it better! Have a look at the ode to wearing shawls
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-clubhouse/ode-to-wearing-shawls-551237.html#post13956560
to get an idea of how they are when draped or knotted - the effect can be quite different.

Last edited: