Help with fashion? sneakers

L etoile

tPF addict
O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
I've tried a few brands of sneakers to wear casually with shorts or jeans (not for working out). I love the look of shoes like Converse and Keds but I find them uncomfortable and not flattering on my petite frame. Can anyone recommend a higher end sneaker that's comfortable, flattering, not too bulky? I'd like to find something that can be worn with a summer dress or cute shorts (i.e. Trina Turk, Lilly Pulitzer, etc.).

Thanks! I'll have to check these out.

I'd love to see modeling shots of people wearing comfortable yet fashionable shoes with shorts or casual dresses.

I like the all leather sneakers by Josef Seibel. They're pretty reasonable price wise around $130ish and pretty comfy too. I also like the all leather look, you can dess them up or down. It's just a bit more polished imo.

I love the look of chucks but my feet are wide and there shoes are way too narrow to be comfortable. Costco has a pair of Levis shoes which look just like chucks right now and they're only $20. They are wider so I can actually wear them, padding wise I'd say it's better than average for that style of shoe which typically is poor. For whatever reason this style of sneaker have little to no support/padding.

I think you're looking for low profile (i.e. not bulky) sneakers. I have the classic Lanvin (grosgrain ribbon) lace-ups. Also check out Common Projects (Woman by Common Projects); their Original Achilles low tops might just be what you're looking for. Or go with the custom Nike ID shoe; they have ones that look like Chuck Taylors or go with old school streamlined trainers.

My favourite at the moment are Adidas Originals Superstar and Adidas Originals Stan Smith.

I lived in these during our last summer months. I'm petite too, 5'3" and these aren't bulky at all and quite comfortable.

I haven't got many pics but found a couple from my instagram. You will be able to find plenty of mod pics by doing a google image search for adidas superstar shorts outfit or adidas superstar dress outfit or the same search for stan smith.

I also second Axel Arigato's low sneaker in the python embossed leather. They're gorgeous.

Attachments

• adidas stan smith.jpg
    adidas stan smith.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 285
  • adidas superstar.jpg
    adidas superstar.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 303
Reactions: coniglietta