Help with Dooney "IT" bag...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello. I'm new to this forum and I want to say that I love the feedback that goes on here. Perhaps someone can give me an answer to a question I have regarding the Dooney & Bourke white "IT" bags?

I received the bucket bag for Christmas, and I absolutely love it, but I noticed that sometimes the white turns a yellowish-brown color. This hasn't happened to me personally...yet, but I have seen white "IT" bags on Ebay with this discoloration. Does anyone know why it happens and what I can do to prevent mine from ending up that way? I've heard something about making sure the bag is stored where there is adequate air circulation (is the bag alive? lol!), but there's got to be more to it than that.... Or maybe not?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all. ;)

2. I think keeping it out of direct sunlight helps, unfortunately once it starts to yellow there isn't anything you can do about it.

3. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind... :yes: