Help with DIORISSIMO colors

Young1987

O.G.
May 1, 2013
Hi everyone,
Some of you may know that I was on the fence about a recent purchase of a vintage beige suede flat cannage Lady Dior.

Well, I returned it.

I just feel like I was settling because I really want a Diorissimo. So I think I'm gonna get one, but now I'm not sure of the color. Which would you choose between the following choices, all in size medium, grainy leather:

1. Royal blue with pink interior and silver hardware
2. Beige with mauve interior and champagne hardware
3. Black with pink interior and champagne hardware or silver if available

I'll try to find pictures. Thanks for your help!!

Hi everyone,

Some of you may know that I was on the fence about a recent purchase of a vintage beige suede flat cannage Lady Dior.

Well, I returned it.

I just feel like I was settling because I really want a Diorissimo. So I think I'm gonna get one, but now I'm not sure of the color. Which would you choose between the following choices, all in size medium, grainy leather:

1. Royal blue with pink interior and silver hardware

2. Beige with mauve interior and champagne hardware

3. Black with pink interior and champagne hardware or silver if available

I'll try to find pictures. Thanks for your help!!

OMG... Are you sure one of the latter colors are not navy?? They all look so drool worthy. I heard there was a navy Diorissimo w Fuschia. If you wanted a beige and hence your other purchase then get the beige but... The blue looks stunning and the black is so classic. I heard they made it in navy too.

Can you tell me about the leathers? What are they all like?

Also here is mini Diorissimo navy w Fuschia in grain calf that Saks sent me photo of. Just so you know they have this color! Maybe they might in your size? It would be right in between the black and royal blue!ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408248614.925105.jpg

OMG... Are you sure one of the latter colors are not navy?? They all look so drool worthy. I heard there was a navy Diorissimo w Fuschia. If you wanted a beige and hence your other purchase then get the beige but... The blue looks stunning and the black is so classic. I heard they made it in navy too.

Can you tell me about the leathers? What are they all like?

The last colour is black. Black is lined with Indian Pink, and in that picture it looks a bit like Navy with Fuchsia lining.

The Diorissimo comes in several types of leather. The most popular 2 are Taurillon leather (which is thick and pebbled) and smooth calfskin (which is thick and, as the name suggests, very smooth). The former doesn't show creasing and is my favourite. Both leathers are very "dense" and feel heavy.

The Diorissimo also comes in Box leather. It has an exceptionally smooth (almost polished) surface and is more rigid so the handles won't sag down unlike with the previous leathers, but it is prone to scratching.

Finally, it comes in crocodile and ostrich leather.

Wow! Thank you for all that info!!

I love the navy, but I have a Louis Vuitton sofia Coppola bag in a dark blue (almost black), though it's a very different bag and it's much bigger, so its uses would be different.

I'm worried that the beige will get dirty, but it's classic and gorgeous. And the black is classic and gorgeous, too. And the blue is amazing.

I'M SO CONFUSED!! what's everyone's favorite?��

The last colour is black. Black is lined with Indian Pink, and in that picture it looks a bit like Navy with Fuchsia lining.

The Diorissimo comes in several types of leather. The most popular 2 are Taurillon leather (which is thick and pebbled) and smooth calfskin (which is thick and, as the name suggests, very smooth). The former doesn't show creasing and is my favourite. Both leathers are very "dense" and feel heavy.

The Diorissimo also comes in Box leather. It has an exceptionally smooth (almost polished) surface and is more rigid so the handles won't sag down unlike with the previous leathers, but it is prone to scratching.

Finally, it comes in crocodile and ostrich leather.

Wow thanks, this is so thorough!

I love taurillon. It is sad because they are such young baby bulls. But most of my bags are made of veau taurillon clemence. It is one of my favorite leathers because it is scratch resistant but it is so heavy. The soft smooth calf sounds similar to the Swift leather and box is box. Box is so nice too....

What is the difference between the indigo pink and the Fuschia color inside the navy do you know? Which one is darker?

I might be tempted to get one in the smooth calf soft or box but I want a quilted cannage piece as my first Dior bag...

Also do you know how much the croc goes for and what kind of croc is it?

Wow thanks, this is so thorough!

I love taurillon. It is sad because they are such young baby bulls. But most of my bags are made of veau taurillon clemence. It is one of my favorite leathers because it is scratch resistant but it is so heavy. The soft smooth calf sounds similar to the Swift leather and box is box. Box is so nice too....

What is the difference between the indigo pink and the Fuschia color inside the navy do you know? Which one is darker?

I might be tempted to get one in the smooth calf soft or box but I want a quilted cannage piece as my first Dior bag...

Also do you know how much the croc goes for and what kind of croc is it?

I haven't seen the Indigo Pink colour before so I don't know of it's darker or lighter. Maybe another PF member has seen it.

I have attached a picture of a crocodile version of the Diorissimo. It's really stunning. I believe the price is over $50,000 given that the charms are wrapped in crocodile as well. I think that they start at around $47,000.

There is also python, I forgot to mention. It was part of the Spring/Summer 2014 collection.

If you want a quilted Cannage piece as your first Dior, then definitely go for the Lady Dior. You can't go wrong with such an iconic and beautiful bag.

Attachments

• Dior-Diorissimo-Croc-Gradient-Bag-Spring-2013.jpg
    Dior-Diorissimo-Croc-Gradient-Bag-Spring-2013.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,813