help with decision/problem

Sep 12, 2009
I am having a huge problem! I have two bags in the same color, one is a Day the other is a First. It's a color I love and I bought the Day thinking I would see if I love it as much in a big bag....if not I would sell it and keep the First or if I did I would sell the First. But not keep both! I love the Bal colors and don't want spend the money for a non new color for my collection.

So what would you do? I am sentimentally attached to the First as it was my first and just perfect. However I have four Firsts. The Day is also beautiful and my only Day, but no sentimentality yet...except I can't seem to write out an ad. Should I bite the bullet and keep both? Or stop being silly and sentimental over a bag and sell the First?

Sorry if this is a silly question, its the kind of thing that goes around and around in my head but if I ask my boyfriend one more time this sort of question I think he will leave me!

Totally understand about having the dilemma circling in your head - all for a bag. Happens to me all the time!

Aside from the sentimentality, which bag do you use more? I am quite ruthless with my bags and if I find I'm not really using it, whether I love the colour or not, I will sell it because I would rather use the money to get a bag I would use. If you find that the First suits your style more, than keep it. Just because you only have one Day doesn't mean you should keep it if you don't actually use it.

I'd probably keep the day to have a little versatility unless I really didn't think I would use the day. I get into this dilemma also. Hard to part with some of then but when they are gone and I've replaced with something else, I don't think about the one that is gone anymore.

A lot of people here have several bags in the same color -- some Bal colors are simply too irresistible! If you really love a certain color and both styles work for you, keep both! ;) Or maybe let something else in your collection go?

Last edited:
I have the same type of problem constantly. The trouble is in buying first and trying to sell afterward. :crybaby:

I'm not good at this, but my advice would be to keep both until you are DYING for another. Then choose which one of these to sell, but sell it before you buy the next bag.

I can not sell without having one in mind that I really, really, really need! :noggin:

Good luck!

hmmmm, if I like the color, I tend to buy few bags in that color. Ivory works great for me and I have quite a few ivory bags, different designers and shapes, but the same color. And I am happy with them all. Keep it for a while and see how much you actually need it.

My decision about which bag to keep would depend on the colors you already have, and the color of the day bag :nuts:

You guys are wonderful! This is what I have: Seafoam First, Rouge Theatre First, Blueberry First, Raisin First, Black City, Rouge Theatre Day. I thought I would be able to overbuy and then decide and sell, but apparently I get very easily attached!

hhhmm for me I would keep the day to have a variety.

I like Connie's suggestion though - keep both first and see which
one you will use more. I'd also keep the bag with the better leather :smile: