Keep or not?

• Keep it and be happy

• Return it

• Keep it and change the color to either grey/white

• Keep it and change the color to black

Results are only viewable after voting.

Baginuse

Jun 13, 2012
Hello lovely tpf members...I have a decision to make and is dithering here, I do need some help.
Problem is my new lovely MiniMagaret in Drizzle Ostrich, and the color of the bag. It is not a true grey but more of a muted grey with a slightly greenish hint in it. Together when I try it on with darker clother/black outfit it looks like the bag is slightly "dirty" in the leather. It works a lot better with lighter colored clother but as I would use the bag mostly on evenings and out and then I do mostly wear dark clothes there.
I now have the options of either returning the bag (and perhaps get something else) or keep the bag and accept the color
or keep the bag and change the color to either more whitish/grey or black (I would send it to the Furniture clinic as I seen their work and they do fab work).

I do love the style of the bag and the ostrich leather but really not the color now ( not really overjoyed by the chain either as I prefer the slightly heavier chain on the Lilys but I could live with the chain)
What do you think and what would you do?
Would love of you left a comment!

Attached a few pics so you can see the color better. The one solo with with white background is the one that is best showing the actual color.( nr 1+2)
The last one make it look "cleaner" and more white than it looks irl.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2602.JPG
    IMG_2602.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_2603.JPG
    IMG_2603.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2604.JPG
    IMG_2604.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2587.JPG
    IMG_2587.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 205
My 2 cents...

I personally really, really like the MiniMargaret (the style, the leather!)

However it does sound like you're not totally happy with it... making do is something I personally wouldn't want as that is a recipe for future regrets..shoulda, coulda, woulda....

why get a new (?) bag and then refurbish it? And the chain, you know it will bother you at some level, some niggling at the back of your mind....

Maybe you can return for credit for another ostrich?

As I said, my 2 cents. :smile:. Am curious what you'll do......

My 2 cents...

However it does sound like you're not totally happy with it... making do is something I personally wouldn't want as that is a recipe for future regrets..shoulda, coulda, woulda....

why get a new (?) bag and then refurbish it? And the chain, you know it will bother you at some level, some niggling at the back of your mind....

I agree :smile:

my 2 cents...

I personally really, really like the minimargaret (the style, the leather!)

however it does sound like you're not totally happy with it... Making do is something i personally wouldn't want as that is a recipe for future regrets..shoulda, coulda, woulda....

Why get a new (?) bag and then refurbish it? And the chain, you know it will bother you at some level, some niggling at the back of your mind....

As i said, my 2 cents. :smile:. Am curious what you'll do......
+1

I think you should keep it if it's only the colour that bothers you then change the colour but won't that cost quite a bit?
Not sure, but the cleaning of my suede Bays was only £25 normally, it was so horrible dirty so the charged me the double fee, but I dont think it would be extremly expensive. I will contact them and ask. Thanks Elvis!

Hmm I think the ostrich leather doesn't help ths colour as the little bumps can attribute to the dirty look you talk of. It's a beautiful bag that you don't see often and of course ostrich is desirable too.

But if you love the look the of it but unsure of your use of it- with the colour and chain slightly niggling you, I would probably return it. My new rule is only keep bags I use, baring in mind for me this isn't a style or colour bag I would get a lot of use out of.

It would be a shame to keep it, have it lingering in your wardrobe for months unused and then have to try and sell, if your having doubts just now and can return then possibly that's best. Good luck with your decision- it's not easy :smile:

I voted to return it. You just don't sound totally convinced with it and I agree with the comment about why buy a new bag and then pay to get it changed...and what if it still just wasn't for you. I know it was a real find, but you might be better waiting to come across something you really really love. Plus I'm not sure how quick and easy the resale would be?

On the other side, it is a really sweet bag and if you always wanted ostrich in your wardrobe...

My 2 cents...

I voted to return it. You just don't sound totally convinced with it and I agree with the comment about why buy a new bag and then pay to get it changed...and what if it still just wasn't for you. I know it was a real find, but you might be better waiting to come across something you really really love. Plus I'm not sure how quick and easy the resale would be?

On the other side, it is a really sweet bag and if you always wanted ostrich in your wardrobe...

Thank you ladies, it is very intresting to read your comments! Hmm thanks for your feedback. Nah its an from an outlet so not possible to exchange to a new stock bags, just money back option. And as it is outlet the other M ostrich bags are way more expensive and out of my league right now. I will think it over! thanks!

I think once you have doubts about a bag it's never quite right. I don't think you can ever make yourself love a bag. Personally, I think the chain is out of proportion with the bag, it's too flimsy. In all honesty I would think it was a fake Mulberry if I saw someone carrying one.

No offence meant to anyone reading this who has one. We all have personal tastes :smile:

I agree with you about the colour. It would look better black, but then I think the chain would look worse because it would be more of a contrast against the black.

So my vote is return it. Get something else that is right as soon as you unpack it.

Hmm I think the ostrich leather doesn't help ths colour as the little bumps can attribute to the dirty look you talk of. It's a beautiful bag that you don't see often and of course ostrich is desirable too.

But if you love the look the of it but unsure of your use of it- with the colour and chain slightly niggling you, I would probably return it. My new rule is only keep bags I use, baring in mind for me this isn't a style or colour bag I would get a lot of use out of.

It would be a shame to keep it, have it lingering in your wardrobe for months unused and then have to try and sell, if your having doubts just now and can return then possibly that's best. Good luck with your decision- it's not easy :smile:
Thank you for your thoughts. Good advise! I guess that I even started to think about returning the bag that says quite alot...But its hard, its an extremly cute bag and lovely leather...
Need to do some serious thinking here! :biggrin:

I think once you have doubts about a bag it's never quite right. I don't think you can ever make yourself love a bag. Personally, I think the chain is out of proportion with the bag, it's too flimsy. In all honesty I would think it was a fake Mulberry if I saw someone carrying one.

No offence meant to anyone reading this who has one. We all have personal tastes :smile:

I agree with you about the colour. It would look better black, but then I think the chain would look worse because it would be more of a contrast against the black.

So my vote is return it. Get something else that is right as soon as you unpack it.
Mm, you are completly right there, that chain is really bothering me a bit. It also has no sold weight on it so it is very different on all other M's I had. The Teddy Minibag is the complete opposite, it has such a heavy chain that knocks the bag over if empty so I find this one very thin. But It makes the bag feel nicer in a way. :smile:
Intresting thought about that the chain would look worse with a black color...It is so tiny so not possible either to have in intwined with a leather strap either to make it look more solid. :thinking:[

Hello lovely BIU

I think you should return it. As great as it is to source a rare find- unless you're a collector there is no point keeping her in her dustbag ! I agree with the view that once you have small doubts about a bag they get bigger and bigger (normally when it's too late!) so if you have the option to return now I would do so.

:smile: xxxx

Easy.... Return it straight away. If you don't truly love a bag then it has to go. For me, colour is one of the most important factors as to whether I buy/love a bag. So, unless it makes your heart flutter, just return it.