Help with deciding

Gvamty

O.G.
Jul 3, 2010
I need help deciding which BV to keep. My current BV is Bordouex and I recently was lucky enough to score a black, a blue and a red on sale.

Of the three the black is a keeper, but need help deciding between blue and red.

My first choice between the 2 is blue because I don't have many blue bags but, the blue looks a bit crinkled compared to the other bags.

First presenting my Bordouex(both sides of the bag)
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404421323.551057.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404421363.475688.jpg

Next is the black(a keeper)
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404421383.046794.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404421391.977289.jpg

Now the 2 bags in question! The red is stunning and in excellent condition

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404421418.969410.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404421431.220651.jpg

And the blue
One side looks good
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404421448.690541.jpg

But this second side had one weave that is crinkled

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404421482.808444.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404421497.027331.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404421507.427339.jpg

The reason why I am not keen on red is because I just got this red trapeze

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404421577.799266.jpg

Or should I sell my Bordeaux, given I have these other bags?

I'd hold each up to the clothes in your closet and see which one you like best with the colors you typically wear. I always purchase with consideration to my wardrobe colors, which don't seem to vary much anymore.

Thank you. My wardrobe is a lot of black and white. Any of these bags will work great with what sits in my wardrobe. That's why the dilemma :smile:

I like the blue
the crinkling as you call it is normal and I am surprised you haven't seen it before
the way they make the weave is
a machine punches the slits into the "back" leather
then a person, an artisan really weaves the fettuce (sp) through the whole or slits that the machine punched
the wrinkling of the leather is due to the fact that all the fettuce are not the same size (they try to get them to be the same size as much as possible but sometimes......)
Hence it is really not wrinkling, but more like squishing through the holes

I hope this explains it
all the bags are pretty but you seem to have a red bag
so I would keep the blue

The red is a stunner, and is a different shade than your Trapeze; my vote would be the red.

The blue is gorgeous, though. As septembersiren mentions, that wrinkled weave is the result of the handwork - if the vote swings that way and you decide to keep it, the crinkle should become less noticeable over time as the bag is used and relaxes a bit.

Keep the Bordeaux. It's very pretty.
Thing is, BV does reds regularly and some are more blue-based and some are orange-based. If this is THE red for you, then keep that.

BV also does blues regularly but IMO theres a bit more variation in the shade and it could be several years before you see it again. This looks like Electrique which reminds me a bit of Empire but it's a bit more blue than that color was.

What I'm trying to say is that you'll ultimately be fine returning one or both because there will be another blue or red. But if one is saying this is THE blue or THE red, keep it. If neither is saying it, consider returning both and waiting for the one that really does it for you. Even on sale, BV is really expensive and resale generally stinks, so I'd recommend being really sure.

From what you wrote, it's quite obvious that you want the blue! I'm normally a blue bag gal, but judge from your photo, the red is really gorgeous! I recently got a fraise campana, I just can't keep my eyes from it. Keep the one that you will get used the most!

I am not a blue color person, but looking at your collection you have many red. I would keep the Bordeaux and the Blue. As Grietje pointed out, BV does blue or red in many different shades on a regular basis. Make sure that's the shade you really, really like.

I like the red... Red is such a nice accent especially with black & white
in the wardrobe

I'm usually all about red too and it's a great accent with b/w or not(I actually consider red a neutral) which is why my collection is filled with mostly "red family" bags but, lately I've been drawn to Blue and Green as well.

I'm with hotshot...keep the red.

That's 2 votes for red

The red is a stunner, and is a different shade than your Trapeze; my vote would be the red.

The blue is gorgeous, though. As septembersiren mentions, that wrinkled weave is the result of the handwork - if the vote swings that way and you decide to keep it, the crinkle should become less noticeable over time as the bag is used and relaxes a bit.

3 votes for red. :smile: I'm going to go blind on this one and keep the one that wins the most votes :smile:

Keep the Bordeaux. It's very pretty.
Thing is, BV does reds regularly and some are more blue-based and some are orange-based. If this is THE red for you, then keep that.

BV also does blues regularly but IMO theres a bit more variation in the shade and it could be several years before you see it again. This looks like Electrique which reminds me a bit of Empire but it's a bit more blue than that color was.

What I'm trying to say is that you'll ultimately be fine returning one or both because there will be another blue or red. But if one is saying this is THE blue or THE red, keep it. If neither is saying it, consider returning both and waiting for the one that really does it for you. Even on sale, BV is really expensive and resale generally stinks, so I'd recommend being really sure.

Yes, the blue is Electrique. Thanks for explaining the crinkle to me! I've seen similar stuff develop over time but, never on a brand new BV and since this was a return, I was wondering if someone had tried to stretch the bag and then return it. The Red and Black are perfect and that's why I was starting to think that what I see on the Blue BV is a flaw. And any flaws bother me a TON(too picky?)

From what you wrote, it's quite obvious that you want the blue! I'm normally a blue bag gal, but judge from your photo, the red is really gorgeous! I recently got a fraise campana, I just can't keep my eyes from it. Keep the one that you will get used the most!

Yes, I really want to keep the blue and wanted to make sure that the weave is not "flawed". The only other blues in my handbag collection are a tricolor deepsea Trapeze and a Chloe marcie crossbody bag. Both of those shades lean more towards navy and I've been ITCHING for a nice bright blue bag.

I am not a blue color person, but looking at your collection you have many red. I would keep the Bordeaux and the Blue. As Grietje pointed out, BV does blue or red in many different shades on a regular basis. Make sure that's the shade you really, really like.

That's a very good point! I'm not sure I have a "TRUE RED" that I can point at and say this is it. I generally like red and always lean towards any shade of red so, I'm trying to not be in one color palette and diversify my collection a bit. I really like this red that I currently have in my possession. The blue wasn't the shade I was expecting when I saw it but, it's still a beautiful blue and I can see myself carrying it regularly. I'm always surprised at how easy blue is to match and in my mind, red is a neutral :smile:

This is the blue, I REALLY want http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...Bottega+Veneta&N=1795+306439463&bmUID=ks11S10

Is this color called Ink?

Last edited:
I'm a BV newbie but I am going to cast my vote all the same. Red to me is also a neutral and I am still searching for the perfect red bag (a true fire engine red with no coral undertones). I will say keep the red and the bordeaux. Meanwhile, keep an active eye for that blue on the Celine, it truly is stunning!

I'm with Grietje--I'd keep the Bordeaux, as it's such an interesting/unusual color.

Given that you prefer the blue you linked from Saks (I think it's this season's Signal Blue?) and you already have concerns about your comfort with the wrinkled bit, I'd vote keep the red. You seem to love it, and I'd say it's very different from the beautiful Celine--the BV is slouchy and therefore more casual, the Celine formal/structured.

All that said, if neither the red nor the blue is "perfect," sale or not it might not be worth it to keep either. What's that saying?: Buy the best [or perfect! color?] and cry once [over cost].

Good luck with your decision!