Help with deciding on patent bag

fifixoxo

Oct 26, 2015
Hi all! So I’ve always wanted a chanel mini black patent with silver hardware. I found one for sale but it’s not the classic mini, it’s the coco shine small bag (it was a seasonal bag). The price is $2300. The bag originally cost $3100 and was from 2014 collection. Condition excellent. Is this too much to pay for this bag pre owned? Considering it’s a seasonal bag I’m worried I’ll lose a lot if I sold it later. Any thoughts?

Also can anyone share how durable chanel patent leather is? I read somewhere that it doesn’t wear well.

Attachments

• 2EC1163E-44EA-4F02-BAC6-A0EE8D65B250.png
    2EC1163E-44EA-4F02-BAC6-A0EE8D65B250.png
    674.8 KB · Views: 385
Reactions: More bags
I like it! But do you love it as much as what you’ve always wanted?

I have a brilliant WOC that I got like 9 years ago and it still looks great today. It was my party bag so it’s been around the world but has held up nicely!
Thank you so much!! That’s great to know your woc has held up so well after so much time. :smile:

I do love the bag! I just didn’t want to spend so much on a seasonal bag that I may lose a lot on later :/

I think it's pretty, but I do think it's a bit overpriced for a seasonal. And I do think you'd take a hit if you're thinking re-selling later. Especially since it's patent. If you love it and think you'll keep it a long time though, then maybe consider it. It seems like there's been several small patent bags on Fashionphile lately. I don't recall pricing though. Good luck with your decsion.

Reactions: fifixoxo
I think it's pretty, but I do think it's a bit overpriced for a seasonal. And I do think you'd take a hit if you're thinking re-selling later. Especially since it's patent. If you love it and think you'll keep it a long time though, then maybe consider it. It seems like there's been several small patent bags on Fashionphile lately. I don't recall pricing though. Good luck with your decsion.
Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to help me!

I love Chanel patent lather. My oldest is the navy blue m/l. I had it for a long time and never felt the need to baby it. It wars well in rain or snow. Still looks increadible and glossy. I had no cracking of leather or any stickiness whatsoever.

I really like the Coco Shine and I think the price on your bag is fair. However, since you are already considering selling it down the line then I would not get it. Unless you sell on your own, there will always be a loss. Buy only if you are planning on keeping and using.

Over in the Cruise 20C thread in Chanel Shopping there is word of patent coming in this collection, might be worth finding out what colour way this will be coming in. Ive have a black square patent mini with SHW that I bought a couple of years ago and its wearing so well, I've not had any issues with the patent. Hope you find your dream bag soon!

Hi all! So I’ve always wanted a chanel mini black patent with silver hardware. I found one for sale but it’s not the classic mini, it’s the coco shine small bag (it was a seasonal bag). The price is $2300. The bag originally cost $3100 and was from 2014 collection. Condition excellent. Is this too much to pay for this bag pre owned? Considering it’s a seasonal bag I’m worried I’ll lose a lot if I sold it later. Any thoughts?

Also can anyone share how durable chanel patent leather is? I read somewhere that it doesn’t wear well.
I have a 2014 Burgandy classic mini that I purchased for less than $2000 in excellent condition. I used it for at least 100 times (rain or shine) in the past two years and it still looks new. I think $2300 for the coco shine small is a little overpriced. If you are not in love with the coco shine, wait for the classic mini that you always wanted.

Chanel patent leather is not bad, you just need to know how to store it. From my personal experience, it’s more durable than Chanel lambskin, aged calf and even caviar. Of course, like all other patent leather bags, you have to be careful of color transfer (especially light color), direct sunlight, oil, humidities, and know that it cannot be repaired (can re-dye).

Reactions: fifixoxo
I have a 2014 Burgandy classic mini that I purchased for less than $2000 in excellent condition. I used it for at least 100 times (rain or shine) in the past two years and it still looks new. I think $2300 for the coco shine small is a little overpriced. If you are not in love with the coco shine, wait for the classic mini that you always wanted.

Chanel patent leather is not bad, you just need to know how to store it. From my personal experience, it’s more durable than Chanel lambskin, aged calf and even caviar. Of course, like all other patent leather bags, you have to be careful of color transfer (especially light color), direct sunlight, oil, humidities, and know that it cannot be repaired (can re-dye).
Wow thank you SO MUCH for the informative reply. That is amazing that your bag has held up so well. I agree I thought $2300 was a little overpriced too.

I will probably have to be careful with sunlight and humidity if I get one. I have heard they get sticky sometimes ?

I own two Chanel patent bags as I love the shiny glamorous look and plus it doesn’t scratch at all compared to caviar or lambskin. However, extra care needs to be taken for patent leather as one of my bags had color transfer spots on it and the other one just discolored on its own till it has a yellowish tint which kept spreading (I’m hoping it spreads to the whole bag now so at least it evens out). Yes and patent leather can’t be fixed or recolored

I own two Chanel patent bags as I love the shiny glamorous look and plus it doesn’t scratch at all compared to caviar or lambskin. However, extra care needs to be taken for patent leather as one of my bags had color transfer spots on it and the other one just discolored on its own till it has a yellowish tint which kept spreading (I’m hoping it spreads to the whole bag now so at least it evens out). Yes and patent leather can’t be fixed or recolored
Are you able to post a picture so l can see the discolouration if possible x