Help with deciding on a boy, please….

Sep 7, 2014
Hey ladies,

Soon I will be purchasing my first boy bag, however, I have no idea which size to get. I prefer bags that I can store a good amount of things in (a small make up bag, thin wallet, occasionally an iPad mini, LV key holder, ect.). I have the jumbo, and I LOVE it. It fits all of the things I mentioned. I also have a M/L flap that I use mostly for dinner since it doesn't hold as much.

At the moment, I can't decide between new medium boy or the large size. I want this bag to be an everyday bag and fit a good amount of things (like my jumbo). I tried them both on and preferred how the new medium looked on me, yet, I'm unsure if it holds a lot. Does the new medium hold just as much as the classic jumbo? I REALLY like the new medium, but with the price difference between it and the large being reasonable (IMO), I'm considering the large too for more space.

*I would like to add, I find the jumbo perfect and the maxi too big for my taste (incase they are equivalent to the new medium and large). Thanks!

Rachel

O.G.
Aug 30, 2006
Hey ladies,

Soon I will be purchasing my first boy bag, however, I have no idea which size to get. I prefer bags that I can store a good amount of things in (a small make up bag, thin wallet, occasionally an iPad mini, LV key holder, ect.). I have the jumbo, and I LOVE it. It fits all of the things I mentioned. I also have a M/L flap that I use mostly for dinner since it doesn't hold as much.

At the moment, I can't decide between new medium boy or the large size. I want this bag to be an everyday bag and fit a good amount of things (like my jumbo). I tried them both on and preferred how the new medium looked on me, yet, I'm unsure if it holds a lot. Does the new medium hold just as much as the classic jumbo? I REALLY like the new medium, but with the price difference between it and the large being reasonable (IMO), I'm considering the large too for more space.

*I would like to add, I find the jumbo perfect and the maxi too big for my taste (incase they are equivalent to the new medium and large). Thanks!
I would go with the New Medium. It's comparable to the Jumbo in what it can hold. Check out Youtube videos, I know there are a few that compare the Jumbo to the NM.

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
Did you try the large Boy? For some reason it always looks odd to me-the size and style don't look as complimentary as the med sizes.

IMO, the Boy bag is hard to use as an everyday if you need to carry alot. I also miss the back pocket on the classic flap when I use it.

Sep 7, 2014
Did you try the large Boy? For some reason it always looks odd to me-the size and style don't look as complimentary as the med sizes.

IMO, the Boy bag is hard to use as an everyday if you need to carry alot. I also miss the back pocket on the classic flap when I use it.

I did. I didn't like how big the large boy looked, but was willing to overlook that for more space. It seems the new medium may be just what I need since another poster said it's somewhat similar to the jumbo in space. :smile:

LaureW

Jun 12, 2011
Hey ladies,

I would go with the new medium too, never liked the look of the large boy bags:thinking:

Sep 7, 2014
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1452432971.470651.jpg

This is the bag in the large size. It's glazed calfskin I think. It's so beautiful in the new medium size! Now I'm researching all I can about patent leather because I plan to always have this bag in my collection and want it to last for many years even if I were to wear it often.