HELP with Christmas gift for boyfriend

mrsswns

O.G.
Oct 22, 2010
So Christmas is right around the corner and I have yet to decide what I am getting my boyfriend. He pretty much buys whatever he wants for himself so whatever I get him has to be unique and something he hasn't thought of. I'm really in the dark on this one.

He's 29 and doesn't have many specific interests except sports and his car. My family got him a lot of sports-related gifts so I was thinking something to do with his car.

My limit is $700. I'm open to any ideas. Thanks ladies.

What kind of car does he have? Do he fix it up?

He has an Acura TL. He has done everything in the world to it. He has a speaker system, TVs, special lights, remote start...you name it and he has added it. He did mention something about a performance chip that he wanted to add to it but I really have no clue about any of that stuff.

He's so difficult because when he goes to games he spends crazy amounts of money on really good seats. So it's kind of like it would be ordinary for him.

Sounds just like my fiance! It is hard to buy for the man that has everything, I feel your pain on this one! lol Sometimes you have to think outside the box - When you see the perfect gift you will know it.

He has an Acura TL. He has done everything in the world to it. He has a speaker system, TVs, special lights, remote start...you name it and he has added it. He did mention something about a performance chip that he wanted to add to it but I really have no clue about any of that stuff.

Is he on the car forums alot? Maybe you can look on there and see what is the "in" thing/custom things that some other TL owners are doing to their cars. Like some owners do a retrofit headlight project to their cars to make the headlights brighter & better. Maybe an exhaust or a lipkit for the car? Try looking on this forum http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/ for some ideas? :biggrin:

Is he on the car forums alot? Maybe you can look on there and see what is the "in" thing/custom things that some other TL owners are doing to their cars. Like some owners do a retrofit headlight project to their cars to make the headlights brighter & better. Maybe an exhaust or a lipkit for the car? Try looking on this forum http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/ for some ideas? :biggrin:

I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the idea!

Ugh, guys are so difficult to shop for!!
Does he work on his car with his friends? Maybe you can ask them about the part he needs?

Honestly, though... if you can't come up with something concrete, do you know what store he buys his car parts from? If so, here's exactly what I'd do:

Buy a nice leather wallet, and buy a gift card for the car parts store (I was thinking if he shops mostly at like PepBoys or somewhere like it) and place it in one of the credit card slots of the wallet. So you'll have a thoughtful gift (wallet), and a semi-thoughtful but useful gift (gift card). And he'll be surprised when he opens it - in my experience, guys like practical gifts.

I hope you are able to find something he'll like! And I hope he puts just as much thought into his gift to you, lol!!

Last edited:
Ugh, guys are so difficult to shop for!!
Does he work on his car with his friends? Maybe you can ask them about the part he needs?

Honestly, though... if you can't come up with something concrete, do you know what store he buys his car parts from? If so, here's exactly what I'd do:

Buy a nice leather wallet, and buy a gift card for the car parts store (I was thinking if he shops mostly at like PepBoys or somewhere like it) and place it in one of the credit card slots of the wallet. So you'll have a thoughtful gift (wallet), and a semi-thoughtful but useful gift (gift card). And he'll be surprised when he opens it - in my experience, guys like practical gifts.

I hope you are able to find something he'll like! And I hope he puts just as much thought into his gift to you, lol!!

I LOVE THIS IDEA! Very practical. He can choose his own stuff plus he'll have something to open and it's thoughtful.