Chanel RTW Sizing

alioops

H Convert
O.G.
Sep 6, 2006
Hi Ladies - I was hoping someone could help with Chanel RTW sizing. I am hoping to find this jacket.

It is a past season so eBay is going to be my only hope. This would be my first Chanel clothing piece and I'm not sure about my size.

If it helps I wear:

Banana Republic/ Ann Taylor: 0/2
Most high end designers: 38/40
Burberry: UK 6/ US 4

My dimensions are 34/26/36

Is there anyone similar in size that could tell me what you wear in Chanel RTW.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Attachments

• a11.jpg
    a11.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 113
I think you would be a 36/38. In French sizing you go down 1 from Italian. So if you knew your Italian size that would help. For example in Dolce I am a 40/42 so in Chanel I am a 38/40. Hope that helps.

Opps just saw what you said about high end designers. Ok so i think I was on the right track.

I would take a size 36 or 38 in Chanel-you and I are similar in sizing from what you posted.

It depends on the cut, I have that jacket you just posted and I found it to run slightly smaller (some of the older collections did it seems) so I took a 40 in that but had it altered and taken in some...

Though with most Chanel RTW you can take it in or let it out--one of the cool things about their RTW :smile:

You should go to your local boutique, find some things that you like and try them on. That way you will get a better idea. Sometimes each garment is cut a bit differently (some have roomier sleeves, etc.). Trying on is your best bet. Remember, Chanel jackets are built for alteration.

Hi Ladies,

I am eyeing a gorgeous Chanel long cardigan/coat but have no idea how the sizing works for these items as have only ever bought shoes and bags from Chanel! I can't try before I buy as it is from a reseller and they do not accept returns.

I am usually a US size 6-8 - what size would fit me best in Chanel (cardigans) please?? Thanks so much ladies!! :biggrin:

I'm usually a 42 or 44 depending on the cut in the upper back/shoulder to shoulder area. However something very strange seemed to be going on this past season w/Chanel. I ended up in a size 40 and the length of the sleeve was still a tad on the long side. Both 42 and 44 were so huge! If others have had a similar experience, it may be why answers aren't flowing like wine.

If you have seen a sweater somewhere and are interested, measure your end of shoulder to end of shoulder and compare to what the sweater is and that will tell you pretty much if it will fit. I guess the exception might be if you are large busted. Remember a sweater can be blocked across the chest and length, if need be, and even sleeves taken up, but that shoulder to shoulder is crucial; you don't want the shoulder seems hanging down off the ends of your shoulders.

Hi Ladies...

Hope some can assist me with a question that I have... a size 42 rtw cardigan/sweater jacket is what US size? I have been told by 3 different Chanel SA's a size 8 or 10. One said like a medium cardigan and another said medium or large. Of course the boutiques never have this size available to try on. :P TIA

Technically a 42 would be a US size 8 or medium. A 44 is a US 10 and a 46 is a US 12. Sometimes items don't run true to size and it might not be correct though. It depends on the piece.

This is totally correct. It really depends on the piece too much like Chi town Chanel said. Some run bigger than others and some run much smaller. In the jackets you have a little more room to maneuver because most all of them can be altered up or down up to two sizes. Which cardigan is it?

This is totally correct. It really depends on the piece too much like Chi town Chanel said. Some run bigger than others and some run much smaller. In the jackets you have a little more room to maneuver because most all of them can be altered up or down up to two sizes. Which cardigan is it?

Thank you Chi town Chanel and I:heart:Coco. The cardigan is from the Paris Moscou 2009/2010 collection. I normally wear a medium cardigan jacket and a 10 normal jacket size. I was hoping the 42 cardigan would fit... :smile: